There’s good news for all the book reviewers out there…😍. Now you can make money reading books online and earn some quick extra cash doing so.
Some of us read a lot of books frequently, but we don’t find a way to make money by reading books.
But, did you know that reading books for a review can make money upto $60 per book (as per Online Book Club).
Even though we are moving digitally, reading books even as a hobby has not lost its importance even today as well…isn’t it?
Independent authors or writers are looking to acquire some valuable feedback before putting up the book for a launch.
This presents an opportunity for book reviewers, who can precisely state about what to expect after reading a book and give an honest feedback after reading it…📖.
Today we are going to look into 21 legit ways to make money online reading books in 2022.
Let’s get to know how…
In this Guide
List of platforms to make money reading books in 2022
Before we start discussing about all the platforms, here are my 3 favorite picks which can make money simply reading books:
|Best for earning different types of income||Tyndale Blog Network|
|App based platform to make money for readers||Upwork / Fiverr|
|Highest payout rate offered for readers||Online Book Club|
Let’s get started with the first platform on the list.
Kirkus Media is the first platform on the list which can help you to make money reading books.
This is one of the largest review sites out there who help authors or publishers get their book reviewed for a price.
All they need to do is to register themselves on the platform and find a book reviewer who can review the content for them.
Established way back in 1933, the platform boasts about several big publications houses who are covered under the platform.
Here are some of the stats that speaks about the publication house:
- Around 10k books have been reviewed so far.
- There are almost 15k kirkus reviews magazine circulation in place.
- The website gets around 2 million website impressions per month etc.
These are the guys whom you will find in the reviews section of sites such as Amazon.
There are more than around 200 book reviewers who are reviewing the book to help the publisher find the right review for their book.
Let’s get to know more about using Kirkus Media.
Quick Insights for using Kirkus Media
Here’s all you need to know about using Kirkus Media:
|How much money can you earn using Kirkus Media||Around $50 for review of a book|
|Languages predominantly supported for using Kirkus Media||Spanish and English|
|Countries applicable for using the Kirkus Media||Worldwide|
|Genres of books that can be reviewed||How to books, Poetry, Fiction, Religious Studies|
|Types of books supported at Kirkus Media||Digital (audio books), Hardcover, Paperback format|
|Length of book review for using Kirkus Media||350 words|
|Time required to complete the book review at Kirkus Media||2 weeks of time|
|How is the money paid via Kirkus Media||Check or Money order|
How much money can you earn for using Kirkus Media
Anyone can expect to make around $50 for reviewing a book depending upon the theme and genre of book being reviewed.
Note: However there are no direct official rates prescribed as such for a book reviewer.
What are the requirements to start using Kirkus Media to make money reading books
There is nothing explicitly mentioned for eligibility as a book reviewer using Kirkus Media.
But here’s broadly some of the requirements one should fulfill to become a book reviewer:
- One must have an experience in being a professional writer, be a journalist or be an academician in a field of interest.
- Reader’s interest in a specific field would help them get a book review related to that field.
- Reviewers are required to send their review in a fixed timeline (such as 2 weeks deadline for submission of review to BN.com).
- Book reviewers are also required to write their review of the book ideally in 350 words of content.
- There are a broad range of book reviewers who are registered on the platform which includes PhDs holders (religion and literature), librarians, business executives, creative executives and more.
Note: For a standard review of a book reviewer, the standard turnaround time for books reviewed is 7 – 9 weeks.
While for an express service of book review, the standard time for book reviews is around 4 – 6 weeks.
How to start using Kirkus Media to make money reading books
Here’s how one can start to use Kirkus Media to make money reading books:
- Apply to become a book reviewer by submission of your resume.
- Provide some of the writing samples
- Along with above, submit also a list of what you are a specialist in reviewing to David Rapp.
Note: If you are found suitable you should be preferably contacted through email for being hired (no official steps mentioned as such).
Reedsy Discovery is the next platform which we are going to talk about.
This is another platform which hosts numerous genres to start reviewing the books for.
Some of the genres up for review includes:
- Science Fiction
- Young Adult
- Mystery and Crime
- Thriller and Suspense
- Non-Fiction etc.
The book reviewers get plenty of opportunity to review books for money and make money using the platform.
Founded in the year of 2014, Reedsy has grown into a platform of around 1 million authors, with over 2500 freelance professionals.
There are almost 2500 books that are published to the market each year.
Reedsy Discovery states that a book reviewer can expect to make around $1, $3 or even $5 for reviewing a book.
This might not seem a lot but is some quick cash to earn right away.
Let’s get to know more about using Reedsy Discovery…
Quick Insights for using Reedsy Discovery
Here’s all you need to know about using Reedsy Discovery:
|How much money can you earn using Reedsy Discovery||$1, $3 or $5 for reviewing a book and Free copies of the books reviewed|
|Languages supported for using Reedsy Discovery||English|
|Countries supported for book reviewers using the Reedsy Discovery||30 countries|
|Genres of books that can be reviewed||Fantasy, Romance, Mystery Crime Thriller, Young Adult, Non-Fiction etc|
|Types of reviews supported at Reedsy Discovery||Video Review and Written Review|
|Length of book review for using Reedsy Discovery||Quality long form content of review (usually 300 words or more)|
|Timeline of the book review date from submission date||6 months|
|Format of books supported for book reviews||Ebooks (provided in PDF, EPUB, or MOBI formats)|
|Time required to complete the book review at Reedsy Discovery||At Least 1 month (depends upon the requirement of the author)|
|How is the money paid via Reedsy Discovery||Stripe payment|
How much money can you earn for reading books using Reedsy Discovery
Anyone can expect to make upto $5 for receiving tips from the reader for reviewing a book using Reedsy Discovery.
Along with this the book reviewers can get to keep free copies of the books being reviewed.
Besides above, nothing much has been specified for using the platform as to how much one can expect to earn as a book reviewer.
What are the requirements to start using Reedsy Discovery to make money reading books
Here are some of the key requirements to start using Reedsy Discovery:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to register on the platform.
- For written reviews book reviewers need to write the reviews in a clear and engaging format, having sharp and insightful observations.
- For video form of reviews the review should be of good quality video, at least 1 minute of video reviews showing the ratings, clear and engaging voice to draw the user’s attention and more.
How to start using Reedsy Discovery to make money reading books
Here’s the process involved for using Reedsy Discovery to make money reading books:
- First a book reviewer needs to apply for Reedsy Discovery by filling in all the details in the application page.
- The details include basic information such as Name, Email, password, introduction of the reviewer, genres, social media profiles (eg: LinkedIn) and more.
Note: First a book publisher needs to publish a book onto the platform at a fee of $50.
Book Browse is the next platform we have on the list to make money reading books.
Book browse helps to browse amongst the books using the platform that offers the following features:
- Giving in the right recommendation for the perfect fit of a book to the readers.
- Acts as a curated resource to find the best books belonging to contemporary fiction and non-fiction cases.
- Get the best of the books that you can find out there online and browse through the amazing stories and write ups for reviews.
Members get to browse some of the best collected curated books to read and enjoy.
People who read the books can get an in depth insight into the book, find a review of the book and get much more.
Let’s get to know more about using Book Browse…
Quick insights for using Book Browse
Here’s all you need to know about using Book Browse:
|How much money can you earn using Book Browse||$5 – $10 for reviewing a book (modest payment)|
|Languages supported for using Book Browse||English|
|Countries supported for book reviewers using the Book Browse||Predominantly USA book reviewers|
|Genres of books covered by using Book Browse||Novels, |
Mysteries / Thrillers,
Books for young adults,
|Genres not covered by using Book Browse||Romance,|
Religion- fiction and nonfiction,
Books for 9 years and younger,
Books relying on pictures to communicate,
Poetry style books,
Self help style books (advice, diet, health),
Overtly partisan style books
|Length of book review for using Book Browse||Not Mentioned specifically|
|Timeline of the book review date from submission date||Maximum of 3 months|
|Format of books supported for book reviews||Hardcovers and Paperbacks|
|Word Count for publishing books at Book Browse||Minimum of 2000 words (preferably 3000 – 6000 words)|
|Time required to complete the book review at Book Browse||1 month|
|How is the money paid via Book Browse||Check, gift for membership, PayPal|
How much money can you make for reading books using Book Browse
All that is stated as a form of payment for using Book Browse is a modest payment for reviewing books.
So a best guess would be $5 – $10 per book for reviewing using Book Browse (a best guess)..🙂.
Reviewers can get to keep free copies of books that they review (for US members only).
What are the requirements to start using Book Browse to make money reading books
Here are the requirements to start using Book Browse to make money reading books:
- The minimum age requirement of 35 years is recommended for people who can review fiction and non narrative fiction books.
- The reviewers also need to write a “Beyond the book” article alongside writing a review of the book as well.
- Reviewers write at least 1 review for writing a review for a book and receive a byline name along with payment.
- Submit the review application form which states the name, email address, location and other details related to your work which are essential to apply for becoming a book reviewer.
How to start using Book Browse to make money reading books
Here are the things to keep in mind before applying for a book reviewer’s role for using Book Browse:
- Write a review of a good standard and submit good quality sample reviews (comprising at least 300 words).
- Besides this anyone who is a good reader can definitely be selected for reading books and making money reading books.
Online Book Club
Online Book Club is another platform that can help readers make money from review of the books.
This platform was created almost 16 years ago, by Scott Hughes which has over 3 million members using the platform.
This is a free to use platform for any reader.
The platform is a free community for 3 types of people i.e. reader, reviewer and authors.
E-reader platform helps the readers to copy, paste, put bookmarks and also search via text for anything.
This is basically a free platform for the readers (not selling books) to read books who are notified about the books which come up on the platform.
Some of the notable features for using Online Book Club includes:
- Getting exclusive reviews published by the professional team of reviewers.
- There is an availability of a free web app i.e. Bookshelves.
- Availability of reading forums to discuss books and more to the readers.
- Participation in the free daily giveaways.
- Getting involved in the discussion in the forums.
- Receive special offers related to the books
Let’s get to know more about using Online Book Club…
Quick Insights for using Online Book Club
Here are some of the key insights on how to start using Online Book Club to review books:
|How much money can you earn using Online Book Club||$5 – $60 for review of a book|
|Languages supported for using Online Book Club||English|
|Countries supported for book reviewers using the Online Book Club||United States|
|Genres of books covered by using Online Book Club||Other Fiction,|
Sci-Fi & Fantasy,
Drama & Poetry,
|Platforms supported for using Online Book Club||iOS, Android and Web|
|Rating for using Online Book Club||iOS – 3.4 / 5|
Android – Not Available Yet
|Format of books supported for book reviews||eBooks|
|How is the money paid via Online Book Club||PayPal|
How much money can you make reviewing books online using Online Book Club
A book reviewer can expect to make around $5 – $60 for putting a review related to a book.
Along with making money for reviewing the book, reviewers can also get a free copy of the book.
What are the requirements to start using Online Book Club to make money reviewing books
The review as given by the user needs to be honest and something which states everything about the likes and dislikes.
The money is paid out for giving the details related to what you think is good or bad about the book.
So be honest in your approach and submit the review as needed.
How to start using Online Book Club to make money reviewing books
In order to get started using Book participants can register to make money reviewing books as follows:
- Sign Up for the platform freely by giving the necessary details such as name, password, email address details and captcha.
- Select a book to review which is completely free.
- Drop in a review which is eligible for getting paid.
- There is no cost incurred for reviewing a book using Online Book Club.
- Start earning money for the review of the book as you give the necessary details related to submission of a book review.
Note: A clear and honest review will be highly regarded than a fake one incorporating all the fluff.
U.S. Review of Books
U.S. Review of Books is the platform which gives an opportunity to the professional book reviewers to review books for money.
The platform offers authors to submit their books for a review which are published books and prepublications galleys (excluding any kind of manuscripts).
This is more of a professionally placed website which expects readers to be professional in their approach too…😑
There are 2 different types of books which are covered for review such as:
- eBooks and
- Audio books
Some of the additional services included in the U.S. Review of Books are:
- Displaying images related to publishing of books
- Inclusion of links related to book reviews.
- Placement of features related to books.
- Banner placement (if any) etc.
Established around more than a decade ago, the site has come a long way in building a following for book reviewers online.
Let’s dig more about using the U.S. Review of Books in detail…
Quick Insights for using U.S. Review of Books
Here’s all you need to know about using the U.S. Review of Books:
|How much money can you earn using U.S. Review of Books||Upto $5 for review of a book (nominal)|
|Languages supported for using U.S. Review of Books||English|
|Countries supported for book reviewers using the U.S. Review of Books||U.S.|
|Genres of books covered by using U.S. Review of Books||Fiction Books such as Action / Adventure, |
Young Adults etc.
Non-Fiction Books such as
|Length of book review for using U.S. Review of Books||250 – 300 words for standard review|
|Format of books supported for book reviews||E-books and Audio books|
|Timeline of the book review date from submission date||Any Time|
|Word Count for publishing books at U.S. Review of Books||Not Available|
|Time required to complete the book review at U.S. Review of Books||2 – 3 weeks of time|
|How is the money paid via U.S. Review of Books||Checks (Paid by the 5th day of each month)|
How much money can you make reviewing books using the U.S. Review of Books
As far as payment is concerned the platform says there is a nominal payment for reviewing the books.
So one can ideally expect to make around $5 for reviewing a book using the U.S. Review of Books platform.
Any book reviewer can expect to make money by reviewing the books and earn a monthly income.
The income will be sent by the 5th day of each month for books reviewed previously in the prior month.
What are the requirements to start using the U.S. Review of Books and make money reviewing books
Here are the requirements while reviewing the book such as:
- Submitting a review for a book which would be a standard review of 250 – 300 words. The review must contain a summary of insights drawn from reading the book.
- The review posted for a book review may include quotes from the book, speak about the author in general, have an informed opinion from the review, and avoid any kind of casual tone.
- Reviewers can rate as per “recommended ratings” received from reviewing a book for excellent titles.
- While assigning the reviews, the reviewers are asked to select for their preferences from the list and then books are assigned on best fit basis.
Note: It is noted that a standard review request to be returned back within 2 – 3 weeks of time.
While an express review has an estimated timeline of 10 days for giving back the book review.
How to start using the U.S. Review of Books and make money reviewing books
In order to get started using the U.S. Review of Books, here is the necessary requirement:
- Register on the platform by giving a reference of your work.
- References of work include submitting at least 2 professionally detailed references along with sample work sent via email.
- These are parts of a portfolio which includes the resume included in that as well.
Women’s Review of Books
Women’s review of books is mainly a women based platform which focuses on feminism more.
This is another book review platform which helps readers make money from review of books.
Let’s get to know more using Women’s Review of Books…
Quick Insights about using Women’s Review of Books
Here’s all you need to know about using Women’s Review of Books:
|How much money can you earn using Women’s Review of Books||$100 per review of the book|
|Languages supported for using Women’s Review of Books||English|
|Countries supported for book reviewers using the Women’s Review of Books||U.S.|
|Genres of books covered by using Women’s Review of Books||Scholarships as well as fiction, graphic novels, poetry, and memoir|
How much money can you make using Women’s Review of Books
Book reviewers can expect to make around $100 per review of the book using the platform.
What are the requirements to start using Women’s Review of Books
The platforms supports the book reviewers who are women as it focuses primarily to promote feminism.
The applicants with skills in writing are given priority who have some work backing them up before applying.
Any reviewer who is experienced in researching, academicians or journalists can apply for using Women’s Review of Books as a book reader.
The reviews are written in the books which are published by Wellesley Centers for women Wellesley college.
How to start using the Women’s Review of Books
In order to apply for using Women’s Review of Books applicants can send in their work emailed to the client.
The email must consist of sample work that is done and is a part of the submission as well.
Note: As already stated, the applicant must be a woman.
Upwork is a freelance platform where you can work to make money online freelancing for a long time.
Upwork is an amazing freelancing platform where users can book reviewers and start to put their work online to attract clients for a review.
The platform has trust from a lot of clients which includes AirBnb, GoDaddy, Microsoft and more.
Here are some of the cool stats reflecting what you can expect from Upwork:
- Rating of 4.9 out of 5
- Voted as the number 1 freelancing platform of 2021.
- There are almost 49000 contracts for freelancing signed up each week.
- A staggering amount of $2.3 billion earned by freelancers using Upwork during 2020.
There are a lot of skills that can be monetized on the platform which includes:
- Development and IT
- Design and Creative space
- Sales and Marketing
- Writing and Translation
- Admin and Customer Support
- Finance and Accounting such as bookkeeping
- Engineering and Architecture
- Legal skills and more.
Quick Insights about using Upwork
Here are some of the quick facts to know about using Upwork:
|Money to make as a freelancer using Book reviewer||At least $10 – $20 for review of a book|
|How many skills are there to make money using Upwork||5223 skills (nearly)|
|How much money can you make using Upwork with any other skills||$10 – $20 per hour using Upwork|
|Countries applicable for using Upwork||Worldwide|
How much money can you make using Upwork
Any book reviewer can make money using Upwork upto $20 per hour for review of a book.
What are the requirements for using Upwork to make money reading books
Here are the requirements for using Upwork to make money reading books:
- Sign up and register on the platform (Upwork).
- Once you sign up, start using the platform and upload your skills which can help you to make money.
- The more skills that are listed onto the platform, the better are your chances to make money from a specific skill.
Note: Another age requirement is that the applicants should be at least 18 years of age.
How to start using the Upwork platform to make money reading books
Here’s how anyone can start to use Upwork to make money reading from books:
There are 3 ways to getting started on Upwork as a freelancer, which are:
- Talent Marketplaces
- Project Catalog
- Talent Scout
Here are necessary steps associated with getting work on Talent Marketplace:
Creation of profile
The first step to get started with Upwork is to create your profile on the platform.
This requires setting up your pay rate, putting up skills and experience and showcasing it in your portfolio.
Searching for the jobs
The next step is looking up for jobs while looking up for Talent Marketplace.
This can have an hourly or fixed price work that one can target for.
Submission of a proposal
A proposal is submitted by setting the rates and letting the client know about it.
Start getting contract assignments
As you proceed ahead you can start to gather upon contract related assignments with time.
Once the client accepts your proposal liking what you state, you would be awarded with work.
Completion of the work
Check with your client as you keep ticking off the steps associated with working with the client using Talent Hunt Place.
Take payments securely
Secure your payment after approval of the work from the client.
Once you have your payment in hand, you can get a review based on your work.
Another way to earn money from using Upwork is making money from Project Catalog.
Here are the steps associated to it:
Creation of a Project
Start by creating a project that has your expertise in place.
Review the project
The next step is getting the project reviewed. If any changes are necessary, then get the project reviewed by the team.
Start acquiring an order
The next step involves getting an order when the client provides the details for acquiring an order.
Completion of the work
Keep ticking off the steps required to complete the work as desired by the client.
Take payment securely
Once you finish off all the above steps, start accepting the payments in a secured manner.
The last and final way of making money online with Upwork is through Talent Scout.
Here’s how you can do it:
Applying for the Talent Scout
Make a profile with a portfolio link to see the results in order to qualify.
Review of the application for selection of the applicant
When the applicant is fit for working in a Talent Scout, they will be intimated through the Talent Scout interview process.
Completion of assignments
Start to complete the series of assignments which are coding based with an interview with a recruiter.
Finding new clients as a recruiter
The clients match the recruiter with the client who fulfills the requirement as required.
Make a relationship with client
Develop the relationship with the clients and leaders who are experts in the industry.
New Pages is another platform which calls for submission for news, information, guide for any literary magazines and more.
There are numerous types of genres of books that can be submitted for review on New Pages such as:
- Independent publishers.
- Creative writing programs
- Alternative periodicals
- Indie bookstores
- Writing contests and more such stuff.
The platform is more suited for the readers who would like to write short reviews based on small books in press or uncommon types of magazines.
Let’s get to know more about using New Pages.
Quick Insights for using New Pages
Here’s all you need to know about using New Pages:
|How much money can you make reviewing books using New Pages||Upto $5 for review of a book|
|Registration Fees required to start using New Pages||None|
|Word count for review of a books using New Pages||Upto 300 words|
200 words for flash reviews on literary magazines, books and individual writing pieces
|Genres of work supported for using New Pages||Fantasy, Thriller, Sci fi, Murder mystery etc|
|Timeline of book expected to be reviewed from the submission date||Within 1 year|
How much can you earn for using New Pages as a book reviewer
As such nothing has been mentioned as to how much one can earn as a book reviewer using New Pages.
But a realistic expectation could be upto $5 for reviewing a book using New Pages as seen from other platforms.
What are the requirements to start using New Pages to make money as a book reviewer
As such there is no requirement stated for using New Pages to become a reviewer.
But broadly anyone who loves to read books or has a literature background can expect some good opportunities as a book reviewer working on the platform.
Getting a degree in literature like BA in English, English professional
How to start using New Pages to make money as a book reviewer
Here’s how to start using New Pages to make money as a book reviewer:
- Submit a review on the site with the designated email address with the subject line “Review” included in that.
- Reviews must include the title of the book, author name, publisher name and the publication date as well.
- Put any relationship (if any) with the author, editor or publisher of the book. If there is no relationship as such, mention “No Relationship” as required.
- Put a short bio written in under 50 words and include any social media tags, even if you are a content creator.
- Reviewers can give a shoutout to their work from any of the social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook or even Instagram.
Moody Press also known as Moody Publishers is what we have on the list now.
There are over 300 million books currently at present in use by Moody Press.
There are several niches applicable which revolve around Bible commentary and have references made to spiritual and relational growth.
Here are some of the key stats related to using Moody Press:
- More than 300 million books are distributed worldwide.
- Supported over 71 languages.
- It has a presence in over 130 countries worldwide.
Let’s get to know more about using Moody Press…
Quick Insights for using Moody Press
Here’s what you need to know about using Moody Press:
|How much money can you make reviewing books using Moody Press||Get a free Advanced Readers Copy for using Moody Press (free copy of a book)|
|Registration Fees required to start using Moody Press||Free|
|Languages supported to use Moody Press||Over 71 Languages|
|Word count for review of a books using Moody Press||Not Available|
|Genres of work supported for using Moody Press||Sermons, |
doctrinal books, and
New Testaments, Gospel tracks
|Timeline of book expected to be reviewed from the submission date||Not Given|
|How is money paid for using Moody Press||Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Diners Club, and JVC credit cards|
(Transactions are taken in US Dollars)
How much money can you earn for using Moody Press
Anyone can expect to have a free copy of the Advanced Readers Copy for reviewing books published on the platform.
What are the requirements to start using Moody Press
Anyone who starts to use Moody Press requires to be at least over the age of 13 years of age.
How to start using Moody Press to make money reading books
Anyone can start to use Moody Press to make money reading books by taking care of following:
- For creating an account, users need to create an account for free.
- The user details required would be first name, last name, email for creating an account.
Publishers Weekly is another really good platform to make money reading books.
The platform is open exclusively to the authors who want to self publish their content online.
The service is designed to help the self published reach to the readers by providing the readers with credible work and assessments which are reliable for the readers.
These are those reviewers who have an expertise in their genres and style.
The reviewers are professional reviewers who hold knowledge and expertise in the specific genre of the industry being worked upon.
The reviews include a variety of assessments which are respectful and knowledge driven for the authors writing the book.
Let’s get to know more about using Publishers Weekly…
Quick Insights about using Publishers Weekly
Here’s all you need to know about using Publishers Weekly:
|How much money can you make reviewing books using Publishers Weekly||Upto $5 – $10 per review of book|
|Registration cost for using Publishers Weekly||Not Applicable|
|Countries eligible to start using Publishers Weekly||U.S.|
|Languages supported to use Publishers Weekly||English|
|Genres of work supported for using Publishers Weekly||Fiction|
Mystery / Thriller
Sci-Fi / Fantasy /
HorrorRomance / Erotica
All the above genres are applicable for children and adults
|Genres not supported for review of books at Publishers Weekly||PeriodicalsAudiobooksTextbooksTechnical ManualsReissues or new editions|
|Format of book applicable for getting a book reviewed using Publishers Weekly||Digital or Print Copy of a book|
|Timeline of book expected to be reviewed from the submission date||At least for 4 months|
|Word count of a review for using Publishers Weekly||Approximately 200 – 250 words|
|Word length of the books to be reviewed at Publishers Weekly||Upto 150000 words|
|How long until reviews are published to the authors for using Publishers Weekly||4 – 6 weeks of submission|
|How is money paid for using Publishers Weekly||Bank payment|
How much money can you make using Publishers Weekly
Nothing has been specified for payment towards review of books at Publishers Weekly, but a modest honorary amount for book review can be expected for review of books.
This can be considered to be around $5 – $10 per review of a book.
What are the charges applicable for submitting a book for review at Book Life Reviewer
Publishers Weekly charges $399 for giving a complete review related to key takeaways, competitive titles, design and production grades assigned.
The platform charges another $100 to get the book reviewed in under 4 weeks of time.
What are the requirements to start using Publishers Weekly
Requirements for using Publishers Weekly for Book Life Reviewer
Here are the requirements to start publishing book reviews for using Publishers Weekly and make money as a book reviewer:
- Reviewers need to write 3 complete paragraphs which are about 300 words long. This must have the summary of the plot, critique and the assessment of the readers.
- Presenting an honest, one-sentence takeaway of the entire summary showing the reader’s opinion and the aspects of the book review.
- Comparison of the titles and the authors for the book.
- Giving grades which covers 5 different elements such as cover art, interior design, typography, illustrations, editing and marketing copy.
Note: All of the requirements for a book review is as per professional book reviewer from Publishers Weekly (for the platform of Book Life reviewer).
Requirements for using Publishers Weekly as a Publishers Weekly reviewer
Besides above here are the requirements for a book reviewer for using Publishers Weekly:
- The review is to be presented in a brief and condensed manner which would be around 200 words.
- The platform is geared towards booksellers and librarians who want to know about which books they want to create a stock for.
- Review is done for traditional books and small selected self published books as well.
- The books which are self published or a final draft of a manuscript is required for being eligible for submitting to Publishers Weekly Magazine.
How to start using Publishers Weekly to make money reading books
As expected anyone can start to use Publishers Weekly as a book reviewer by following the necessary guidelines as required.
Any professional reader who is BA in English or any degree holder in literature will find opportunities as a book reviewer.
In order to apply for a book reviewer’s position, send in a resume and a review of a book (published recently) as a sample consisting of 200 words.
This should be sent to the designated email address of Publishers Weekly platform.
The subject title can be something like “Book Review”.
Booklist Publications is a site primarily designed to provide a guide for the current library materials which would be useful for public libraries and school library media centers.
The platform receives almost 60000 books every year that are up for review every time.
4 types of books i.e. Adult books, Books for Youth, media related books, reference sources books are available to review using the platform.
Established long long back in 1905 (over a decade), this platform has been operational for a long time.
Booklist reviews a lot of stuff online which includes the following:
- Newly released videos
- Audiobooks and
- Children’s and spoken-word audio etc.
Let’s get to know more about using Booklist Publications…
Quick Insights about using Booklist Publications
Here’s all you need to know about using Booklist Publications:
|How much money can you make reviewing books using Booklist Publications||Earn around $5 which is a modest income (Nothing Specified for earnings)|
|Countries eligible to start using Booklist Publications||U.S.|
|Languages supported to use Booklist Publications||English|
|Genres of work supported for using Booklist Publications||Biography,|
|Genres not supported for review of books at Booklist Publications||Periodicals, pamphlets, Vanity publications, and Highly technical, specialized, sectarian, and free materials|
|Format of book applicable for getting a book reviewed using Booklist Publications||Hardcover and Original Paperback|
How much money can you earn for using Booklist Publications
Nothing has been specified exclusively related to the earnings for using Booklist Publications.
But as a book reviewer one can expect to earn around $5 for getting a book reviewed using Booklist Publications.
What are the requirements to start using Booklist Publications and make money as a book reviewer
Anyone who is at least 16 years of age is eligible to start using Booklist Publications and make money as a reviewer of books.
Besides above, here are the additional requirements for reviewing a book at Booklist Publications:
- Having a star marked next to the review of a book indicates that the book is excellent to be a part of the genre.
- Any non-starred remarks that appear for the books indicates that the book has something specially featured in the review section (special interest items).
How to start using Booklist Publications and make money
Anyone who has some experience in writing and holding a degree or experience such as BA in English would be preferred.
Here the experienced writers who have a keen interest in writing would be given more preference than others.
Tyndale Blog Network
Tyndale has a range of genres of books to review from which includes Bibles, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Kids, Teens, Stickers, Gifts and more.
A quick look at the site presents a clean navigation of the site which gives readers a lot of categories to look into.
The website is a hub for Christian books and bibles for the readers.
Tyndale Blog Network runs MyReaderRewardsClub which is like a club for readers to earn points and redeem for free bibles and books.
As a book reader, there are a lot of options available to win reward points to redeem for a book (details below).
Meanwhile let’s get to have a quick insight for using Tyndale Blog Network…
Quick Insights about the Tyndale Blog Network
Here’s what you need to know quickly for using Tyndale Blog Network:
|How much money can you make reviewing books using Tyndale Blog Network||Earn upto 45 points using Tyndale Blog Network|
(redeemed for a book later on)
|Countries eligible to start using Tyndale Blog Network||U.S.|
|Languages supported to use Tyndale Blog Network||English|
|Genres of work supported for using Tyndale Blog Network||Bibles, |
Gift books etc
How much money can you make using Tyndale Blog Network
Tyndale Blog Network runs MyReaderRewardsClub that helps readers earn points for their activities.
Based on what is listed on MyReaderRewardsClub run by Tyndale Blog Network, one can expect to make around 10 – 45 points for several activities (as discussed below).
Readers can redeem these reward points to buy a book listed on their products page.
But, how many points do you exactly need to redeem for a book?
First let’s have a look at what you exactly need to do at Tyndale to earn these points.
What are the activities to participate for reward points using Tyndale Blog Network
- Signing up for the MyReaderRewardsClub will help to earn 25 points.
- Shopping at Tyndale, Navpress or HendricksonRose will earn 1 point for $1 spent.
- Referring a friend on to the MyReaderRewardsClub platform .
- Participation in surveys.
- Signing up for the e-newsletter and e-devotional content can earn points.
- Review a product to earn points.
How many points can you earn for different activities on Tyndale Blog Network
Here’s a quick glimpse of how many points you can earn for the activities as listed on the platform:
|Activity||How many points can you earn|
|Signing up for MyReadersRewardsClub||25 points|
|Answer 3 questions related to Disciple Maker Blog||15 points + A chance to win an Advanced Readers Copy of a book|
|Answer 3 questions related to Hendrickson Publishing Group||15 points + A chance to win an Advanced Readers Copy of a book|
|Check free resources and answer 3 MCQ questions||10 points|
|Read a free excerpt of a new devotional and answer fill in the blanks||10 points|
|Share about birthday with Tyndale Blog Network||15 points|
|Share a link on Facebook||10 points|
|Subscribe to e-newsletter and e-devotional subscription||20 points|
|Participate in a new survey (10 questions)||45 points|
|Invite a friend||10 points for an active referral|
Friend receives 25 points
|Shopping at Tyndale, Navpress or HendricksonRose||1 points for $1 spent|
|Review a product on Tyndale or Navpress||10 points per review |
(max allowed is 5 submissions in a month)
Note: All the above activities were available at the time of writing this content which may not be available at the time you read it…🙂
If you want to know more about the latest offers available, click here to know more!!!
Key things to understand to redeem points for rewards at Tyndale Blog Network
Here’s some of the essential things to take note of while redeeming the points earned for rewards at MyReaderRewardsClub:
- E-newsletter and e-devotional content are digital products which would be ideally an easy way to earn points.
- Readers need to keep track of the emails received for some good offers and opportunities related to use of Tyndale Blog Network.
- Tyndale Blog Network permits use of only 1 account per household.
- The points earned while using the platform never expire.
- The points earned can’t be transferred to others.
What can you redeem the points earned for using Tyndale Blog Network
Here’s a quick glimpse of how you can redeem the points earned for using Tyndale Blog Network:
|Book Titles||Points Required|
|Black Canvas||250 points|
|Beauty in the Browns||160 points|
|God’s Little Book of Big Bible Promises||100 points|
|The Glorious Pursuit||170 points|
|Hide This In Your Heart||100 points|
From going through over 50 odd books listed on the MyReaderRewardsClub, I found that most of the books can be redeemed for in the range of 150 – 160 points.
So if you have earned around 300 points from activities as we discussed above, you can expect to redeem it for at least 2 books.
There are a wide variety of options available for redemption of a book with points earned with 100 points for a book being the minimum (as far as I have seen)…😃
How to start using Tyndale Blog Network to make money reading books
Any reader who needs to take advantage of the Tyndale Blog Network needs to follow these mentioned steps to make money from reading books:
- Signing up on the platform.
- Earning points for participating in various activities.
- Getting books by redeeming the points.
What are the requirements to be eligible to use Tyndale Blog Network
Here are some of the primary requirements before your start using Tyndale Blog Network to earn reward points reading books:
- One needs to be at least 18 years of age to be eligible to use the platform.
- The readers residing in the U.S. are eligible to use the MyReadersRewardsClub run by Tyndale Blog Network specifically.
Netgalley is the platform which invites a host of people to recommend what they read about to others.
Readers can discover a lot of different titles that are a part of the platform.
This platform is filled with a lot of resources to help the book reviewers with all the information they would need to start reviewing books today!!
Let’s get to know more about using the Netgalley platform…
Quick Insights for using the Netgalley platform
Here’s what you must know before you start using Netgalley platform:
|How much money can you make reviewing books using Netgalley platform||Free digital copy of books|
|Is it free to register to use Netgalley platform||Yes|
|Countries eligible to start using Netgalley platform||North America, UK, Australia, France, Germany, Japan|
|Rating||iOS Apple Store – 2.4 / 5|
Google Play Store – 2.4 / 5
|Platforms applicable for using Netgalley||Computer (Web) and Mobile Devices (iOS and Android)|
|Languages supported to use Netgalley platform||English, French, German, Japanese,|
|Genres of work supported for using Netgalley platform||Fiction, |
|Format of books supported for using Netgalley platform||Digital copies and Audiobooks|
How much money can you earn to read books using the Netgalley platform
Netgalley doesn’t provide any monetary compensation for reading books as a reviewer.
But, book reviewers can earn a free digital copy of books to review books online.
What are the requirements to start using Netgalley to make money reading books
Anyone who is looking to make money from reading books using Netgalley should look to meet the following requirements:
- The platform is open to ideally book advocates and industry professionals who would like to review the books and recommend them to the audience.
- Books would be available in digital review copies and audiobooks.
- The industry professionals eligible for Netgalley would include reviewers, Bloggers, librarians, booksellers, educators, journalists, or members of the media.
- Reviewers who have had a history for giving feedback on books hold a higher chance of being approved.
- Alongside being a good reviewer, having a good reach or a network is also a primary determinant of being selected as a book reviewer.
- One must be at least 18 years of age to start using Netgalley to make money as a reviewer of a book.
Okay so now we know the requirements to fulfill to start using Netgalley.
But how do you exactly start to review books on Netgalley and make money doing so?
How to start reviewing books while using Netgalley
Here’s what Netgalley says to be aware of while starting as a book reviewer:
Creation of a profile
The first step is creating a profile.
One thing to remember is creating a perfect bio that would be like a resume for getting work as a reviewer.
Start looking for books to review
Once your profile is set, you can look for books to review for.
One can filter out the books as per genre, author or even a specific narrator as per choice.
Post your feedback
This is the last step where reviewers can post their feedback on what they have read so far.
As you provide feedback as a reader for the books and audiobooks, you can expect to receive free digital review copies of a book.
Along with submission of reviews, a reviewer needs to submit following things as well:
- Star ratings applicable (as you feel out of 5).
- Opinions as you think are applicable for posting a review.
- Nominations for industry list.
- Do you have a good history which says that you have had experience in providing good feedback for books reviewed?
If yes, then you have a good chance of getting approved by the publishers on the platform.
- Along with this, one should also have a social media account connected as well such as:
The 14th platform on the list is Instaread.
Instaread works on the premise of Instant reading for the readers providing instant summaries all within 15 mins of audio or even textual reads.
This has 2 subscription models for the readers, before offering 7 days trial i.e.:
- $8.99 per month for using the platform or
- $7.99 per month (subscription for a year).
The platform doesn’t state the earnings expected for receiving a book review.
This features best selling books as well as premium content that can be shared with all.
Let’s get to know more about using Instaread…
Quick Insights for using Instaread
Here’s all you need to know about using Instaread:
|How much money can you make reviewing books using Instaread||Not Available|
|Is it free to register to use Instaread as a book reviewer||Includes a free trial for use|
|Countries eligible to start using Instaread||U.S.|
|Rating||iOS Apple Store – 4.6 / 5|
Google Play Store – 3.5 / 5
|Platforms applicable for using Instaread||Mobile, Tablet and Desktop|
|Languages supported to use Instaread||English|
|Genres of work supported for using Instaread||Business and Economic,|
Health & Fitness,
Sports & Recreation
|Format of books supported for using Instaread||Audiobooks and Text formats|
|Payment method used for using Instaread||Google Pay, Apple Pay, Credit Card|
What are the requirements to start using Instaread
Anyone must be at least of 18 years of age to start using Instaread for reviewing books online.
How much money can you make using Instaread
The platform doesn’t state any earnings outright.
However other sites have stated 2019 Instaread’s price for reviewing books to be around $100 for a book (which is quite high😮 for a book review).
How to start using Instaread to make money reading books
Anyone can start to use Instaread by signing up and registering on the platform to start reviewing books online.
Writerful Books is a platform to fulfill the needs of the authors for a perfect manuscript before it is being sent to the publishing houses.
Based in Australia, Melbourne this has come a long way since its inception.
The platform has a host of amazing services for the authors which includes:
- Beta Testing the script.
- Editing services
- Manuscripting the assessments etc.
They work with the major objective of giving the author a clear path on how to publish successfully with any publishing houses without any hassles.
Let’s get to know more about using Writerful Books…
Quick Insights for using Writerful Books
Here’s all you need to know about using Writerful Books:
|How much money can you make reviewing books using Writerful Books||Upto $7.85 as a manuscript reader for 1000 words|
|Countries eligible to start using Writerful Books||Australia, Canada, Ireland, The UK and USA|
|Timeline of submission of a reader’s report for using Writerful Books||4 – 6 weeks time|
|Word Count of reader’s report for using Writerful Books||2000 – 3000 words|
What are the requirements to start using Writerful Books
Here is what Writerful Books expects from their beta readers while reading books for review:
- Readers must be able to provide valuable feedback in the form of a written report.
- Written reports must have the following such as:
- flow of the topic,
- building upon characterization,
- looking for dialogues,
- figuring out potential loopholes and
- any other work areas which need attention etc.
- The beta readers take upon the role of being a sensitive reader.
- Sensitive readers are those who are basically tasked to find any form of inconsistency with reviews which includes:
- Hurt anyone’s sentiments knowingly or unknowingly.
- Overcome any form of marginalized thoughts towards a particular caste, gender, community, creed etc.
- Helping the authors to avoid accusations such as being a bigot, racist, homophobe etc.
- Being a sensitive reader Writerful Books expects a comprehensive report highlighting all areas as discussed above from a book reviewer.
- Users must be at least 13 years of old to start using Writerful Books.
Besides above, there are some Do’s and Don’ts which are specified by Writerful Books for book reviewers as stated below.
Do’s and Don’ts for reviewing a book as a book reviewer using Writerful Books
Let’s look at what the book reviewers need to do and need not do for reviewing books:
|Do’s for reviewing books using Writerful Books||Don’ts for reviewing books using Writerful Books|
|Reading the book like a reader without worrying about proofreading(unless found too many)||Not giving the suggestions in a fair manner|
|Give light to constructive criticism related to the book review||Don’t post the feedback online (not the same as reviewing a book)|
|Figure out a reasonable time frame of working||Can’t write the entire story for the author|
|Give the output in the form of a written report (in-depth in writing)||Copying, editing or proofreading the document|
|Feedback given is to be accepted constructively||Give a feedback to please the author|
|State ideas on how to improve and enhance the quality of the plot|
How much money can you make using Writerful Books
As a beta reader or a sensitivity reader, here’s what Writerful Books charges from the authors:
Note: The above services are upto a word count of 120k words.
Exceeding 120k words, a specific quote can be obtained from Writerful Books.
But as a reader assessing the manuscript submitted by the author, here are the rates per 1000 words of report:
|Currency||Rate per 1000 words|
Note: For above, a minimum word count of 100k words is expected from the manuscript.
How to start using Writerful Books and make money reading books
Signup and register onto the Writerful Books platform and get started to take upon manuscript assignments.
getAbstract is a platform which focuses on giving a summarized version of the text we read all day along.
The summaries are designed in such a manner which can help the readers read the entire text of summary in a span of 10 minutes of time.
This has a wide range of applications for several users who might be students, individuals, companies and others.
The summary would comprise of the following things which includes:
- Ratings for each summary (to identify the must read categories)
- What does the reviewer recommend for reading the book?
- Key Takeaways from reading the book
- Summarized version of the entire text
- Reference to any quotes from the authors of any original book, podcast or video.
- Get to know about the author
- Link that can act as a source to find the original content as you want to read about etc.
Let’s get to know more about using getAbstract…
Quick insights for using getAbstract
Here’s what you should know about getAbstract:
|How much money can you make reviewing books using getAbstract||Depends upon the performance of the book reader|
|Languages supported for using getAbstract||English, German, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese and French|
|Platforms applicable for using getAbstract||Mobile (iOS and Android) and Web|
|Ratings||iOS Apple Store – 4.4 / 5|
Google Play Store – 4.4 / 5
|Length of summary required for using getAbstract||Upto 10 minutes|
What are the requirements to apply for being a book reviewer using getAbstract
In order to apply for being a book reviewer, one must submit the application at first to their designated address.
How to apply for being a book reviewer using getAbstract
Along with the application, applicants are required to sum up a pre-defined article (50 – 150 words length).
Here are some of the additional guidelines that one should follow to improve the chances of getting selected as a book reviewer using getAbstract:
- One must avoid using the language which is singular or plural in nature (such as I,me, my, we etc).
- Rephrasing any sentences or quoting the sentences exactly as mentioned in the original text is also a good practice for writing a book review.
- Sentences should be short and brief upto the point avoiding lengthy ones.
- Active voice has more relevance in comparison to passive form of voice while writing anything.
- Words that can bring excitement, emotions in the mind of readers are powerful and should be considered while writing the review.
- Make sure to write the entire content from the perspective of you being the author rather than bringing “getAbstract” or “anything else” into the picture.
Great, so we have covered up all the way along , that indeed took a long time to read…isn’t it?
Kudos to you or hanging along all the platforms till here.
Which was your favorite one?🧐Let us know in the comments below…I am quite curious to know.
But we aren’t done yet, because we haven’t touched upon the most important topic of all and that is how do you exactly write a good review.
That’s what we are going to look at next.👇
11 things to know on how to write a good book review
I am no expert in book reviewing…😀,but here are some of the key points to notice for reviewing books.
Let’s discuss about the key points that I have summed up from all the platform that we covered up so far:
- As a reviewer one must focus on providing unbiased feedback on what they read for.
- Supplement the review with additional ratings (out of 5), opinions, highlights of what you read etc.
- Be as succinct and to the point while defining the plot of the entire book.
- Stay away from the spoilers even if they are too tempting to disclose in a review!!!
- Do reveal if there is anything that might be disturbing or traumatizing for readers, especially for graphic novels.
- Look for what would keep the readers engaged to read the plot, usually the hook. The more they are engaged the deeper they go to read a complete review.
- Be clear and transparent with your point. Sentences like “I think”, “Perhaps”, “Maybe” must be avoided at all costs.
- Develop your style of review with time to refine your reviews. Certain styles of writing are more eye catchy and catches reader’s attention immediately than others.
- Include all points in the reviews (both positive and negative) as readers look to read for both good and bad in reading a review.
- Make sure you proofread the entire review before submitting, the last thing you expect from a review is inconsistency in writing as to grammar or punctuations.
- Have fun writing the review and add humor to the content where possible. This makes it more engaging and exciting for the readers.
Illustrative example on how to write the reviews for books
Let’s look at some examples of book reviews that I found online to know what goes into writing a good book review.
An extremely powerful story of a young Southern Negro, from his late high school days through three years of college to his life in Harlem.
His early training prepared him for a life of humility before white men, but through injustices- large and small, he came to realize that he was an “invisible man”. People saw in him only a reflection of their preconceived ideas of what he was, denied his individuality, and ultimately did not see him at all. This theme, which has implications far beyond the obvious racial parallel, is skillfully handled. The incidents of the story are wholly absorbing.
Source: The above is an extract of a review published at Reedsy.
What do we find in the review?
Here are some of the key things I observed while reading the extract from the entire review:
- Introducing the main protagonist of the entire story defining as “young Southern Negro” as the review begins living in “Harlem”.
- Defining the struggles and problems that the character had to encounter not revealing much about the entire plot.
- Setting up 2 paragraphs rightly setup with one introducing the boy and the other describing what the plot would revolve upon catching the reader’s attention to detail.
Dueling, writes the author, “was not just the highest form of sport, it also required the highest form of manliness.” Barnes peoples his history with a spirited cast of characters, including Sargent and Whistler, Oscar Wilde and Sarah Bernhardt (who adored Pozzi), Henry James and Proust, Pozzi’s diarist daughter, Catherine, and unhappy wife, Therese, and scores more.
Finely honed biographical intuition and a novelist’s sensibility make for a stylish, engrossing narrative.
Source: The above is an extract of a review published at KirkusReviews.
What do we find in the review?
Here what I liked about while reading this extract from the entire review:
- Ending the entire plot on a definitive note which brings in the picture of what to expect from the entire book once again.
- Writing parts of the review using quotes which adds more flair to the review.
- Bringing in additional characters to the plot not disclosed earlier such as Sargent and Whistler, Oscar Wilde and Sarah Bernhardt (who adored Pozzi), Henry James and Proust, Pozzi’s diarist daughter, Catherine.
We have covered the topic of how we can write a review of a book.
Let’s see what else we can learn while reviewing books as a beginner.
5 tips for beginners to start reviewing books
As a beginner starting out reviewing books, these are some handy tips to look for work:
- Practice developing the art of writing either by reading book reviews, movie reviews or even writing out a few samples.
- While applying for a book reviewer’s position anywhere, make sure to include book review samples to showcase your skills.
- Choose a specific genre to start with as per your likings and interest. If you love to read mystery thriller books, it is logical to start reviewing mystery related books.
- Try to shorten your reviews while reviewing a book, usually upto 250 – 300 words at max.
- Add a personal touch always while writing the reviews and avoid using any automated AI tools for writing any reviews.
Other ways to make money online
Besides making money from reading books, here are some of the side hustles that one can look into to make a full-time income from it.
Make money from 1 high-quality article and 1 email outreach
In this process all you got to do are 3 things:
First, find a YouTuber who doesn’t have a website or a blog. Start writing articles for the videos that he publishes online.
Write at least 10 articles and select 1 high-quality article from the lot of 10 articles.
Reach out to the YouTuber highlighting the importance of a blog/website and mention that you will help them set up a blog.
Once the YouTuber agrees to your proposal create a website and start putting blogs in that website.
Write the blogs for the YouTuber and start charging a steady income of fixed standard rates as per freelancing norms.
This is a WIN-WIN for both YouTubers and Freelance content writers.
YouTubers will start making additional revenue along with their YouTube channel and the freelance content writers will make a steady income equivalent to the number of videos that are being uploaded.
Start finding 10 YouTubers who upload 3 videos in a month and suddenly you have a steady income coming by to your account.
If you would like to know the detailed steps involved, click here to follow.
Make money as a bookkeeper
A bookkeeper is essentially the one who gets to keep all the records of a business entity or an individual operating a business.
This is a rising in demand profession where people can work to maintain the books of account and records of a business to make money online.
As a bookkeeper you must be strong in numerical skills, ability to analyze essential data metrics such as:
- Sales analysis,
- Customer Segmentation and more.
This is a lucrative career and high paying job which can pay a lot with time to the bookkeepers.
One can definitely pursue this long term be it men or women and make a good full time income with time.
The amount of money to earn as a bookkeeper can go upto $45,250 per month.
Take work as a virtual assistant
Working as a virtual assistant is another job which has a high paying aspect associated with it.
VA’s (Virtual Assistant) can work as a helping hand for functioning of any businesses out there.
They get to perform any kind of role that you may wish to see, such as:
- Data entry
- Scheduling calls and meetings
- Market research and analysis
- Creation of a presentation
- Booking for travel and accommodation of people etc.
The best thing about being a VA is freedom to work at your own hours and working from home.
The pay rates for Virtual Assistant are also decent which could go up to $4000 per month.
Make money from cleaning houses
Cleanliness and sanitation are key things in today’s world.
This has even become more relevant even during Covid era.
In such a situation hiring a professional cleaner who can take care of cleaning responsibilities is of utmost importance.
This is another decent paying job which pays on hourly basis for the cleaners.
Sometimes the cleaners can even get to earn upto $400 for cleaning houses.
Make money from selling of domain names
Users can also sell domain names or flip domains to make money online.
Domains are a hot commodity in today’s market as they are valued a lot for certain sections of people looking to make a business out of it.
A domain trader who buys and sells domains to book profits can expect to make millions of dollars of business if done correctly.
People can make $100 of dollars to start with or can even make upto $5000 per month as they grow with time.
A key thing is to learn how it is to be done correctly which involves buying a portfolio of domains and selling it for a profit.
We have covered extensively on the topic of making money from selling domains, so feel free to explore about this money making opportunity…😃
Walk dogs and make money walking dogs
Anyone who is friendly with dogs can also make money walking dogs as well.
In today’s fast paced world it’s difficult to give time to others besides ourselves.
This goes true for pets as well who don’t get to see their owners for long.
In such a scenario, walking dogs to make money is something users can start to do today and bring in some handy cash as well.
Anyone who gets to walk dogs can make money upto $15 per hour as an average.
Besides above, there are many more ways to make money in today’s world which we have covered in passiveearningonline.
Sell feet pictures to make money online
Selling feet pics is a weird side hustle and something which won’t fizzle off soon in the future.
Essentially you will be selling stuff online and one that is related to feet in specific…🐾
People are buying foot pictures from others for any reason whatsoever which includes commercial purpose or personal use as well.
What makes it more interesting is that some have quit their day jobs to do this full time.
The market is looking for such pics of people and people are looking all over the internet searching for such photographs.
These are some of the 5 side hustles that you can try today and look forward to besides making money jogging.
Make money from babysitting
Do you love to love and cuddle babies if and when it’s possible.
Well, there’s a rising demand for all of you who want and you can make money from babysitting as well.
So while you are looking to make money jogging babysitting can be another option for you as well.
Babysitters can earn upto $18 per hour depending on their work and experience as well.
How much money can I make reading books in 2022
From all the platforms that we have covered up above, here’s what we can expect.💡
A book reviewer can expect to make upto $10 for reading and reviewing a book.
While there are others who have stated to have made around $1000 per month from reading books, it’s hard to find many success stories based around that.
But, at the same time it’s not completely impossible either…💪
Meanwhile, professional readers can also earn 5 figures per annum upto $45,968 per annum (as per ZipRecruiter).
Is it a legit way to make money reading books
The next question surrounds the legitimacy of using this method to make money from reading books.
The answer is Yes, it’s completely legitimate as long as you don’t promote piracy or land into any other issues surrounding it.
All the platforms have clearly specified their exclusive terms and conditions to look into before you get started.
So make sure to visit and understand about it before you start looking to earn money from here.
Conclusion on how to make money reading books
To finish off, all I can say is there is always a way to make money with any hobby that we possess.
Be it reading books or listening to music, the world is filled with amazing opportunities to capitalize it all.
What we have got to do is to keep an open mind while trying to figure out how.
It’s also equally important to have a realistic expectation of what to expect from what we are trying to find an answer to.
Besides the monetary value that we may receive from reading books, we can look into what each book has to offer to us…isn’t it?
Afterall “Books are the most loyal and trusted friends you can ever have”.
So, why not read it now and earn a handy income alongside too?
Thank you for hanging out with me till the end.
I know you must be tired of reading such a long content…😪.
But how about we summarize all the platforms and its earnings that we discussed so far before we end.
|Platform||How much money can you make|
|Kirkus Media||Around $50 for review of a book|
|Reedsy Discovery||$1, $3 or $5 for reviewing a book and Free copies of the books reviewed|
|Book Browse||$5 – $10 for reviewing a book (modest payment)|
|Online Book Club||$5 – $60 for review of a book|
|U.S. Review of Books||Upto $5 for review of a book (nominal)|
|Women’s Review of Books||$100 per review of the book|
|Upwork||At least $10 – $20 for review of a book|
|New Pages||Upto $5 for review of a book|
|Moody Press||Get a free Advanced Readers Copy for using Moody Press (free copy of a book)|
|Publishers Weekly||Upto $5 – $10 per review of book|
|Booklist Publications||Earn around $5 which is a modest income (Nothing Specified for earnings)|
|Tyndale Blog Network||Earn upto 45 points using Tyndale Blog Network|
(redeemed for a book later on)
|Netgalley||Free digital copy of books|
|Writerful Books||Upto $7.85 as a manuscript reader for 1000 words|
|getAbstract||Depends upon the performance of the book reader|
We have addressed some of the most commonly asked questions on the internet from the people on this topic.
So what’s your next book you are currently reading?
FAQs on making money reading books
One can read books and review it online on several platforms such as Kirkus Media, Reedsy Discovery, Online Book Club, Book Browse etc to start making money from reading books.
Besides working as a book reviewer on these platforms, working as a freelancer reviewing other author’s books is also another way to read and review books for money.
The short answer is yes it’s possible to make a living reading books from various ways.
But it’s difficult to get established full time reading books starting as a beginner.
There are a lot of factors dependent on the income levels such as:
– Pay rates
– Niche or Genre of books etc.
A good estimate of a number for the readers getting paid for reading books would be around $10 per book using several platforms as discussed.
However, Ziprecruiter also states that a full time income for reading books is around $45,968 per annum as per July 2022.