Choosing the correct place to sell your used furniture creates a huge difference in how you enjoy the process.
After all, the last thing you don’t want to see is to sell your used furniture at the wrong place for a bad bargain, right?
Today, in this guide we will be covering 9+ best ways to sell your used furniture and make money out of it.
These are my 4 personal favorites when it comes to selling furniture online.
|Platform||Description||Category of sellers|
|RubyLane||Sell all kinds of antique and vintage items such as collectibles, furniture, jewelry, fashion, and much more||Vintage Owners|
|Facebook Marketplace||Sell a wide variety of items online and is open for anyone to use such as books, used furniture, collections, etc||Free alternatives|
|eBay||Sell almost anything online with the help of an amazing marketplace that is across the entire globe for sellers||Auction sellers|
|Bonanza||Great place for entrepreneurs who are looking to build a side hustle selling used furniture online and other stuff||Entrepreneurs|
Let’s get to the details…
In this Guide
Best places to sell your used furniture online in 2022 (Top 9 updated)
For a quick overview of all the platforms discussed to sell your used furniture, head over to the summary section below.
Key Note: Did you know that 1 out of every 3 individuals has a side hustle in 2022?
People are also making tons of money flipping furniture as a side hustle as well.
Here’s the list of 9 best places to sell your used furniture in no particular order:
Cost to the seller to use Bonanza:
3.5% base fees + Commission rates (if opted for advertising fees)
Higher the cost rates would give higher visibility to the seller from advertising, while the total cost can reach upto 30% (commission included).
Here’s a guide to the entire pricing of Bonanza.
Bonanza is an amazing marketplace for entrepreneurs to build an e-commerce store online. This helps to set up your brand online over time.
One can sell a whole range of products such as collectibles, art, handbags, and jewelry including selling furniture online as well.
Quick overview of Bonanza
|How much does Bonanza charge from sellers||3.5% base fees + Commission (max – 30%)|
|What can you sell at Bonanza||Items related to fashion, home and gardening, beauty, collectibles, jewelry, furniture, and more|
|Where can you sell from||All PayPal supporting countries|
|No sellers registered||50000|
|Why should sellers choose Bonanza||Low fees and insightful tools to keep track of sales|
What is Bonanza?
Here are the key things to know about Bonanza:
- Bonanza is rated as the Number 1 marketplace for sellers across the globe for 4 years.
- Essentially bonanza is an entrepreneurial-focused website to build a successful e-commerce store online.
- The best feature is the integration of eBay, Amazon, or even Shopify inventory for which tools help to import and sync all the relevant data for suppliers.
- With zero listing fees, it’s easy to set up and get started building strong relationships with customers.
- As a beginner seller, one needs to set up a free booth for selling items and needs to pay money only once you sell an item.
- Bonanza also offers a 14-day free trial period for setting up a Webstore that helps to assimilate and sync the data from the booth.
- Can be a great place to start selling to build a side hustle income online.
How to sell used furniture on Bonanza?
Here are 5 quick steps to follow to get started selling furniture on Bonanza:
- Sign up to the account for free as a seller by clicking on “Sell on Bonanza” at the top-left.
- Set up your online marketplace known as a “booth”(much like eBay) listing all items for sale giving in all the necessary details such as contact information with username etc.
- Import and sync the details of the items if you have already listed them elsewhere such as on eBay or Amazon.
- Enter the personal information details at this step.
- Give you payment details which include Paypal (must have), Stripe(optional), and give in credit card information.
Note: The platform will charge from your credit card on default of payment of fees at the time of settlement or if you opt for any premium service package.
Key Information: If you are looking for ways to raise money for your business, then crowdfunding is one of the best ways to go.
We have covered up the 7 best platforms to make money with crowdfunding just to raise that much-needed funds for your business.
Cost to the seller to use Etsy:
$0.2 listing fees + 6.5% Transaction fees (Paid to PayPal) + 15% for Offsite Fees of Ads (depending on sales in the last 365 days)
Note-1: The listings of your products stay active for earlier among the following:
- 120 days (4 months) or
- Until products are sold
Note-2: The offsite fees of ads are paid only when a seller makes a sale benefitted from the ads run by Etsy along with their partner program.
How offsite fees are payable for selling on Etsy?
Here’s a small breakdown of the offsite fees that are payable and if it’s optional or not.
|Total Sales (Last 365 days)||Optional (Yes/No)||Offsite Fees of Ads (%)***|
|More than or equal to $10000||No||12% offsite fees on sales amount (sold from ads)|
|Less than $10000||Yes||15% offsite fees on sales amount (if opted for ads)**|
** It must be noted that if a seller makes a revenue of less than $10000 in the last 365 days, then the seller has an option to opt for Ads for the listings.
If the ads are opted for, only then 15% offsite fees on sales amount will be charged.
*** The maximum amount of the offsite fees that are payable on Etsy is restricted to $100.
Here’s a detailed guide on pricing at Etsy for sellers.
Etsy is perhaps one platform in the list that I am quite sure all of you must have heard of before.
Etsy is known for selling special handcrafted items that are unique, it can also be a good marketplace to sell used furniture (vintage ones).
Quick overview of Etsy
|How much does Etsy charge from sellers||$0.2 listing fees + 6.5% Transaction fees (Paid to PayPal) + 15% for Offsite Fees of Ads (depending on sales in the last 365 days) – Refer above|
|What can you sell on Etsy||Handmade goods, Crafts items, and Vintage goods (including furniture)|
|Where can you sell from||83 countries around the globe|
|No sellers registered||7.5 million in 2021|
|Why should sellers choose Etsy||Ease of use of the platform with great customer service|
What is Etsy?
Here are the key things to know about Etsy:
- Etsy is ranked as Number 1 platform by sellers for 2 years.
- The platform supports those people who are looking to create and sell handmade, vintage, or craft suppliers. One can definitely sell their used furniture as well if it’s in a good shape and if it can be classified as a vintage item.
- The site offers an amazing marketplace to connect to buyers across the globe with great customer service support as well.
- Etsy is packed with amazing tools for analysis of improving sales for your business, and tools for promoting items to buyers as well.
- They also run Etsy Plus which has many added features such as directing traffic onto your shop, customizing the look and feel of the shop, etc.
- This is a great place to make money online building your side hustle if you are onto the job.
How to sell used furniture on Etsy?
Here are 4 easy quick steps to follow to start selling your used furniture on Etsy:
- Create one Etsy account.
- Fill up the details about the shop such as the name of the shop, location of the shop, currency, etc.
- You also need to give the payment details of how you want to receive payments and also how you want to pay Etsy for the charges.
- Set up the listing of products you want to sell and get started.
Charges the seller to set up a RubyLane shop:
Nil (setup cost) + Free (Listing fees) + $25 per month (Maintenance Fees for unlimited items)** + 9.9% on each individual Purchase Order total amount (limited to $250)
** There will be a rebate of the entire $25 if the seller lists a minimum of 15 items in the store in a month.
Here’s all about the detailed charges to use Ruby Lane.
RubyLane is one such platform that gives you a rich and vintage vibe when you happen to visit it first.
This is not much of a low-cost alternative to selling your used furniture (vintage ones) but you can definitely make a good amount of money selling your antique pieces of furniture here.
Quick overview of RubyLane
|How much does RubyLane charge from sellers||$25 per month (Maintenance Fees for unlimited items) + 9.9% on each individual Purchase Order total amount (limited to $250) – (Refer above)|
|What can you sell at RubyLane||All kinds of antique and vintage items such as collectibles, furniture, jewelry, fashion, dolls, glasses, and much more.|
|Review of sellers||4.6/5|
|Why should sellers choose RubyLane||Highly targetted buyers who are looking to buy quality items from carefully selected sellers.|
What is RubyLane?
Here are the key things to know about RubyLane:
- RubyLane is the third best-voted platform by sellers for a period of 8 years.
- The sellers are thoroughly checked who are genuine and legit and only mean business.
- The website sells some of the best amazing antique pieces online which have a loyal user base as well.
- The minimum conditions laid out for the use of the platform is to list at least 10 items always which must be available to sell alongside offering 1 online mode of payment.
- Sellers must resolve the customer complaints in a timely manner as well.
- Covers a wide range of vintage products such as porcelain, silver, and even glasses to help sellers make big bucks online.
- The buyers are a highly targeted group of people who are interested to buy vintage pieces. So there is a great opportunity to make really great money selling vintage furniture online over here.
How to sell used furniture on RubyLane?
Here are the 4 simple steps to get started selling furniture on RubyLane:
- Set up your store on RubyLane and give a name to it.
- List the items that you want to sell online to the customers and place some good high-quality photos for the items listed.
- Put a good description and set a price to it as well.
- Start to spread the word out to all and make sales online.
Charges associated with selling on eBay:
$0.35 insertion fees (applicable for listings more than 250 per month)*** + Final Value Fees (12.9% of the sales price or lower + $0.30 per order)**
** This depends on the amount sold for different categories.
*** This is dependent on the category of items sold.
Here’s a complete detailed guide on the charges for selling on eBay for a seller.
There is probably none who hasn’t heard about eBay. There goes a common saying among sellers if there is anything to sell online, “Put it on eBay”😀
eBay is home to sellers who are looking to sell almost anything online and buyers can find almost anything that they need over the internet.
Quick overview of eBay
|How much does eBay charge from sellers||$0.35 insertion fees (applicable for listings more than 250 per month) + Final Value Fees (0.5 – 14.6 % of the sales price or lower + $0.30 per order)|
|What can you sell on eBay||Anything|
|Where can you sell from||Presence in over 100 countries worldwide|
|Listings across the globe||1.6 Billion|
|Buyers available worldwide||142 Million|
|How are items sold on eBay||There are 2 pricing schemes available on eBay. Setting up a fixed price for sale or setting up sales on auction.|
|Why should sellers choose eBay?||Huge traffic of buyers across the globe and the ability to sell anything online|
What is eBay?
Here are the key things about eBay:
- eBay has been voted as the third-best-suited platform for sellers across the globe in 2021.
- eBay offers an amazing opportunity to sell to vast traffic of buyers across the world to the sellers.
- the UK has the highest number of sellers listed on eBay selling stuff online.
- Selling on eBay is quite simple and happens fast and this is a big reason for its popularity in the US.
- You can sell on eBay setting up a predetermined price for sales or an auction price where items are sold to the highest bidder.
- eBay offers classified ads feature that allows sellers to take care of the settlement of the transaction outside the eBay platform.
- One of the most popular platforms to sell second-hand goods is eBay.
How to sell used furniture on eBay?
Selling used furniture on eBay is quite simple:
- List items that you want to sell, i.e. your used furniture.
- Take good quality photos to depict clear and proper images of what you are selling.
- Put the item onto eBay adding in description and details covering the item that you are selling.
- Set your own price.
- Enter the necessary information such as payment details, shipping details, and returns policies as well.
Charges to the seller for selling on Craigslist:
Craigslist is mostly a classified ads-based website that has a high number of visitors coming in from across all continents.
This has no fees associated with its use and it’s one of the free platforms to get started selling used stuff (including furniture).
Quick overview of Craigslist
|How much does Craigslist charge from sellers||Free to use|
|What can you sell on Craigslist||Many things such as books, collectibles, appliances, materials, and more.|
|Where can you sell from||70 countries|
|Annual Revenue||More than $1 billion in 2019|
|Popularity||15th most popular website|
What is Craigslist?
- The most widely used website to find out classified ads
- Offers free postings of saleable items which lasts for a time span of a maximum of 45 days(depends upon the city and the category of the item)
- This is more of a visual platform that can convince buyers to buy your product. So focusing on adding good quality images will help to enhance visibility.
- The interface for using Craigslist is quite old-fashioned and will take a while to get used to it.
- The website is run with not the objective of earning profits but rather helping out people as much as possible in any way possible.
How to sell used furniture on Craigslist?
Selling used furniture on Craigslist involves the following steps, which are:
- Selling items on Craigslist doesn’t even require creating an account.
- Simply navigate to the website, and click on the “create a posting” on the top left of the site.
- Select the type of posting by selecting the “for sale by owner” option as you are selling furniture online.
- Submit the necessary details on the next page which is all about the details of the listing, which involves the title, price, description, and much more. (Be as descriptive and informative as possible)
- Make sure to set the location as accurately as possible given in the necessary landmarks to help interested buyers find you.
- Submit good quality photos of the product to help increase the visibility and aid in the buying process as well.
Important Note: Scammer Alert! This place is a hub of scammers who can potentially be an imposter. So stay vigilant while using the platform.
6. Apartment Therapy Bazaar
Charges for the seller to use Apartment Therapy Bazaar home:
Free listing + [3% Bazaar Transaction Fees + 2.9% + $0.3 (Standard Stripe Processing Fees)]**
** Service fees are applicable only when a sale is done
If you are looking for a community of people who are looking for vintage designer-style furniture or accessories, Apartment Therapy Bazaar is the place to go.
The platform has a goal to exchange a million pieces of designer furniture at amazing prices.
Quick overview of Apartment Therapy Bazaar
|How much does Apartment Therapy Bazaar charge from sellers||Free listing + [3% Bazaar Transaction Fees + 2.9% + $0.3 (Standard Stripe Processing Fees)]**|
**The service fees (5.9% + $0.3) are charged only when you make a sale.
|What can you sell at Apartment Therapy Bazaar||Lightings, Furniture, Tabletop, Accessories and Rugs|
|Who can benefit from the platform||Community of people looking to buy vintage stuff|
What is Apartment Therapy Bazaar?
- With a mission statement to reach a million sales of designer furniture at an amazing price.
- Apartment Therapy got recently revamped as Apartment Therapy Bazaar.
- The site features a lot of options such as social login, messaging to the seller, a private inbox for the buyer to contact to seller, and more.
- Items that can be sold as furniture include beds, desks, dining tables, outdoor, seating, sofas, stools, storage, and tables;
- The website started out initially as an interior design blog.
How to sell used furniture in Apartment Therapy Bazaar?
Here’s a 5 step way to sell used furniture in the Apartment Therapy Bazaar:
- The first step is to join the community of people who are looking to sell and buy furniture.
- Hit the Sell button to help you create the first listing and set it on the Bazaar.
- Set up the payments system and enable the Stripe payments system to accept online payments.
- One would receive an email whether to accept or reject the order for any prospective buyers who are looking to buy.
- You need to coordinate the shipping and delivery terms and conditions to sell the furniture.
Charges to the seller to use eCrater:
“Nil” listing fees + “Nil” Commission + “Nil” monthly fees + 2.9% of the Marketplace Cost (if and only when sales are executed from the marketplace)**
** If the sales don’t originate from the marketplace, the entire sales value (100%) is retained by the seller.
eCrater is a great platform that provides the flexibility to set up your own virtual eCommerce store and provides a unique URL to your store.
Quick overview of eCrafter
|How much does eCrafter charge from sellers||2.9% of the marketplace cost (only if products are sold via the marketplace)|
|What can you sell at eCrafter||All stuff online such as antiques, art pieces, cameras, crafts, etc|
|Payments Supported||PayPal, Stripe, Money Order, Cashier’s Check, Cash on Delivery.|
|Why should sellers choose eCrafter||Free to use the platform and also provides the flexibility of using a custom domain with a cost of $5 per month.|
What is eCrafter?
- Amazing marketplace for sellers to create their own free online marketplace and enjoy building a free online store.
- Ranked as 8th most favorite store for sellers over the past 8 years.
- Helps to import the products on eBay and submits the eligible products onto the Google Shopping page.
- eCrafter has a community forum page that is dedicated to providing support and assistance to the community of sellers.
How to sell used furniture on eCrafter?
Here are the recommended steps to follow to sell used furniture on eCrafter:
- Sign up and create an account for your shop.
- Create your own unique eCrafter ID that will be a part of the URL for your store and then click on “Create Store” to set up your store.
- Set up the payment options integrating the payment criteria such as PayPal, Stripe, and other monetization features as listed above.
- Create the aesthetic look and feel of the store by setting the texts and colors of the store as per your choice.
- Enter all the relevant details to create a store with all relevant tax information and other details.
- The store can have unlimited product listings but features upto 10 photos for each item that is listed.
8. Facebook Marketplace
Charges to the seller to use Facebook:
Facebook probably needs no introduction to anyone. But Facebook does offer an amazing marketplace to buy and sell items listed out by sellers.
This marketplace is free to use for anyone looking to sell stuff online and can sell a wide variety of items too.
Quick overview of Facebook Marketplace
|How much does Facebook Marketplace charge from sellers||Free to use|
|What can you sell at Facebook Marketplace||Anything starting from cars, apparel, electronics stuff, etc.|
|Launch Year of the FB Marketplace||2016|
|Monthly visitors to the marketplace||1 billion|
|Most searched item on FB Marketplace||Furniture, Toys for kids, Vehicles, Tools, etc.|
What is Facebook Marketplace?
- Facebook Marketplace is an additional feature given by Facebook for all the people who are looking to sell and buy things online.
- This is one of the beginner friendly ways to make money selling used furniture with the help of the market provided by Facebook.
- Launched in 2016 this has become one of the most visited platforms for people looking to buy from across the globe.
How to sell used furniture on Facebook Marketplace?
Following are the ways to be used to sell furniture on Facebook Marketplace:
- Head over to the Facebook marketplace after logging into your account.
- Add a new listing and select the upon Item for sale option.
- Provide good quality photos of the item you wish to sell and enter the desired information as necessary.
- Go through the necessary settings as desired for the listing.
- Hit enter and your listing (used furniture) go live to be sold to others online.
Charges to the seller to use eBid:
2% – 5% of the Final Value Price of the sales made + Fees charged for Extras sold from the site.
For a complete overview of the charges applicable to the seller to use eBid, refer to the screenshot placed below.
eBid is known as the next alternative platform for sellers who are using eBay.
The site operates under the bidding model where there is a starting selling price fixed by the seller. Then, bidding is carried out where the buyer can bid as high as possible to buy the product.
This can be seen as the closest competitor to eBay.
Quick overview of eBid
|How much does eBid charge from sellers||Upto 5% for the Final Value Price of the sales made + Extra fees (Refer to the screenshot above)|
|What can you sell at eBid||Many things such as books, arts, antiques, crafts, and more.|
|Listing Value placed||$584,265,925|
|Popularity||Ranked as 9th most popular platform by sellers over last 8 years|
What is eBid?
Following are the key features of eBid:
- eBid is a significant competitor to eBay and it operates by selling goods for auction online.
- This is a great marketplace for buyers who are looking to buy items worth some really good value by placing their bids for products sold.
- Offers lifetime access at just $69.99 within 24 hours of signup or else the price increases to $139.98.
- Being a lifetime access member provides a host of benefits such as no fees whatsoever, 15 free photos, free uploads to Google Shipping, and more.
- Imports from eBay and syncs the information for the seller really well.
How to sell used furniture on eBid?
Selling used furniture on eBid involves the following steps:
- Register on the platform providing the necessary details of being a seller.
- Upgrade yourself as either a SELLER(free with card validation) or SELLER+(enabled with security subscription)
- Validate your debit card or credit card details.
- Click the desired link at top of the page to start selling and fill in the information related to the title of the goods, products, description of the products, payment methods initiated and shipping costs incurred as well.
So here we are as we have covered Best 9 places to sell your used furniture online.
However, we have also listed some other notable mentions as well as a bonus reference for you.
10. Bonus platforms to sell your used furniture
It is not an unknown fact that one can also make money from Pinterest. Known as a complete search engine-based platform, this can help you sell your furniture as well.
One can definitely put some good images enticing the audience to look for the furniture described and drive the traffic back to their own website or page.
Pinterest can be a handy tool to make money.
b. Sotheby Home
Sotheby Home is another marketplace that gives a premium vibe feeling and has an amazing collection of designer furniture for buyers.
The team takes high precision in getting all the listings reviewed and ensuring that the sellers and buyers find the right deal for each other.
As fancy as the name sounds Chairish is another platform for the vintage owners.
As per the estimate of the site, over 0.6 million chairs have been resold through the platform which makes it quite commendable on its own.
Starting in the year 2013 this has come a long way in giving an amazing platform for the vintage owners.
Here’s a quick summary of all that we covered in this in-depth guide for the best places to sell your used furniture in 2022.
Summary of best places to sell your used furniture
My top 3 picks for the best places to sell your used furniture are as follows:
- RubyLane – For vintage owners of furniture
- Facebook Marketplace – For free alternatives
- eBay – For auction-based sales
- Bonanza – For entrepreneurs looking to build an e-commerce store from the sale of furniture
Here’s an overall summary of the Top 9 best places to sell your used furniture in 2022:
|Platform||Charges||Who is it for|
|Bonanza||3.5% base fees + Commission rates (if opted for advertising fees)||Entrepreneurs looking to build a side hustle|
|Etsy||$0.2 listing fees + 6.5% Transaction fees (Paid to PayPal) + 15% for Offsite Fees of Ads (depending on sales in the last 365 days)||Vintage owners|
|RubyLane||Nil (setup cost) + Free (Listing fees) + $25 per month (Maintenance Fees for unlimited items) + 9.9% on each individual Purchase Order total amount (limited to $250)||Vintage owners|
|eBay||$0.35 insertion fees (applicable for listings more than 250 per month) + Final Value Fees (12.9% of the sales price or lower + $0.30 per order)||Auction sellers + Fixed Price Sellers|
|Craigslist||Free||Free alternative lookers|
|Apartment Therapy Bazaar||Free listing + [3% Bazaar Transaction Fees + 2.9% + $0.3 (Standard Stripe Processing Fees)]||Community driven sellers (vintage sales)|
|eCrafter||“Nil” listing fees + “Nil” Commission + “Nil” monthly fees + 2.9% of the Marketplace Cost (if and only when sales are executed from the marketplace)||Community driven sellers looking to start an e-commerce store|
|Facebook Marketplace||Free||Free alternative lookers|
|eBid||2% – 5% of the Final Value Price of the sales made + Fees charged for Extras sold from the site.||Auction sellers|
This list doesn’t include the bonus platforms to sell your used furniture that we covered above.
I hope you got all the information that can be needed to help make an informed decision as to where to sell your used furniture.
Getting all the information into one piece of article took a good amount of time, I hope you found it useful. Do share with us your thoughts on this or any recommendations for any improvement would be of great help for other readers as well.
Till then, happy selling!
Let’s have a look at some of the most frequently asked questions related to the best places to sell used furniture.
Relevant Information: Flipping Furniture for Money in 2022 (Complete In-Depth Guide)
FAQ on the best places to sell your used furniture
Selling furniture online can happen quickly if you sell it on the right platforms such as Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, eCrafter, eBay, and more. We have covered an in-depth guide on how to sell your used furniture on these top 9 platforms for you.
Selling all your furniture is easy and simple which would include listing out the furniture on the platform, adding in the descriptions, and setting the right price for it. We have a detailed guide for 2022 that has the 9 best platforms to sell your used furniture giving an in-depth coverage of the same
Selling used furniture online can happen among these best 9 platforms which includes Bonanza, eBay, Craigslist, Ruby Lane and much more. We have covered a detailed guide on how to sell on these platforms in 2022.