Do you know people who make money cleaning the houses of others get paid on an hourly basis for the job?
This leads to lack of attention to the hygiene and cleanliness surrounding the premises of people living in their house.
This is where people who want to make money cleaning the houses of others come into play.
There is a spurge in demand for these professional cleaners who have been doing this at flexible hours and making decent money from it too.
Today, we are going to look into these services provided by these professional cleaners and get to know about how to make money cleaning houses in the process.
Let’s get started.
In this Guide
12+ platforms to make money cleaning houses
Before we dive deep into all the platforms that we need to discuss upon, here are our top 2 favorite picks:
|Best for overall rating||Thumbtack|
|Best for various ways of monetization||HomeGuide|
Let’s discuss 13+ such platforms to make money cleaning houses…
Handy (formerly known as Handybook)
Handy is the first platform to begin with.
The platform is a convenient way for people looking to clean their houses and equally for people who want to make money cleaning houses of others as well.
There is a 60 seconds booking process which appoints top quality pre-screened individuals who can work to make your house clean.
Founded in 2012 this platform has come a long way in around a decade of its existence.
Here are some of the services offered by Handy besides cleaning houses:
- Handyman services
- Plumbing services
- Electrical services
- Furniture assembly etc.
There is a minimum booking time frame of 3 hours for booking a cleaning service.
Let’s get to know more about using Handy in detail…
Quick Insights for using Handy
Here’s all you need to know about using Handy:
|How much money can you earn using Handy||Upto $22 per hour for cleaning services|
|Referral Bonus for using Handy||$40 in Handy Referral Discounts|
|Platforms supported for using Handy||iOS and Android|
|Countries applicable for using the Handy||U.S., Canada and the U.K.|
|Rating||TrustPilot – 3.9 / 5|
Apple app store – 4.1 / 5
Google Play Store – 3.3 / 5
|How is the money paid via Handy||Payment to the bank account (issued weekly)|
How much money can you earn using Handy for providing cleaning services
Professionals (cleaners) can make money cleaning houses upto $22 per hour using Handy.
Some of the top paid professionals can also expect to earn upto $1000 per week using Handy.
Besides earning the base rate for cleaning houses, cleaning professionals also earn tips for their services.
The earnings also would include referral amount for referring professionals onto the platform if they fulfill the following conditions:
- Successful activation of the professional onto the platform.
- Use of the referral code of yours.
- Has completed at least 5 cleaning related tasks in the first 2 weeks.
Earnings of the cleaning service professionals as per different tiers using Handy
Here’s how much cleaning service professionals can make money cleaning houses using Handy:
|1 Tier||$15 per hour payment (Starting Rates)|
|2 Tier||$17 per hour payment (Rating – 4.5 / 5)|
Completed at least 10 jobs in the past 28 days.
|3 Tier||$20 per hour payment (Rating – 4.5 / 5)|
Completed at least 25 jobs in the past 28 days.
|4 Tier||$22 per hour payment (Rating 4.75 / 5)|
Completed at least 50 jobs in the past 28 days.
Note: Cleaners get to keep 100% of the tips without any deduction of the tips by Handy.
Besides above the referral program codes are valid for a period of 6 months from the date of issue.
Who is eligible to start using Handy
Anyone who is at least 18 years of age is eligible to start using Handy and make money cleaning houses.
Besides above, here are the additional requirements for cleaners to start using Handy:
- Cleaners must have access to their smartphones with the ability to receive SMS and calls as and when required.
- Proof of identity as and when required would be required to be submitted on the platform.
- Candidates must have good communication skills to deal with customers.
- The cleaners must be authorized to work in the country that they are applying for.
- Paid experience is a prerequisite for the candidates who are applying for the cleaning services job.
How to start using Handy to make money cleaning houses
Here’s how cleaners can start to use Handy and make money cleaning houses:
- The cleaners first would need to get themselves registered on the platform by signing up with the necessary details as required (First Name, Last Name, Email, ZIP Code.
- Besides the above condition, cleaners must fulfill the basic prerequisites as mentioned above to be eligible to apply for using Handy.
What’s included as a part cleaning services while using Handy
Cleaners can expect to make money cleaning houses by providing the following services in Handy:
|Bedroom, Living Room & Common Areas||Dusting all surfaces accessible, |
Wiping mirrors and glass surfaces,
Cleaning all floor surfaces,
Dumping garbage and recycling the waste
|Bathroom||Washing with sanitization of toilet, |
tub and sink,
Dusting all surfaces accessible,
Wiping mirrors and glass surfaces,
Cleaning all floor surfaces,
Dumping garbage and recycling the waste
|Kitchen||Dusting all surfaces accessible,|
Emptying the sink and loading dishwasher with dirty dish,
Cleaning all floor surfaces,
Dumping garbage and recycling the waste,
Wiping the exterior of stove,
open and fridge
|Extra Works Involved||Extra work added can take upto 1.5 hours of time which includes:|
washing and drying
TaskRabbit is the next platform in the list to make money for cleaning houses.
The platform offers a good pay rate which can be compared to similar terms for users who make money jogging as well.
The professional cleaners here are known as Taskers who can expect to make money with this side hustle from various ways such as:
- Furniture Assembly
- TV Mounting
- Delivery Services
- Lawn Work
- Volunteer Help
- Lighting Installation
- Virtual and Online related tasks etc.
Professional cleaners get to keep all the earnings earned from the platform without any payment being given to the TaskRabbit platform.
Let’s get to know more about using TaskRabbit…
Quick Insights about using TaskRabbit
Here’s all you need to know using TaskRabbit:
|How much money can you earn using TaskRabbit||$21.17 – $352.94 per hour for cleaning houses|
|Referral amount for using TaskRabbit||$10 for referring friends|
|Platforms supported for using TaskRabbit||iOS and Android|
|Countries applicable for using the TaskRabbit||U.S., U.K., Canada, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy|
|Rating||TrustPilot – 3.7 / 5|
Apple app store – 4.8 / 5
Google Play Store – 4 / 5
|How is the money paid via TaskRabbit||Direct deposit to the bank account of Tasker|
How much money can you make using TaskRabbit
Taskers (professional cleaners) who want to make money cleaning houses using TaskRabbit can expect to earn an average hourly rate of $30 per hour.
Earnings of users as per their experience using TaskRabbit
Here are some of the rates that I obtained for the taskers cleaning houses on TaskRabbit (in no particular order):
|Rate (Washington DC)||Reviews|
|$35.29 per hour||102 Reviews (96% positive)|
|$67.05 per hour||303 Reviews (96% positive)|
|$92.94 per hour||125 Reviews (99% positive)|
|$52.94 per hour||26 Reviews (100% positive)|
|$25.88 per hour||0 Reviews|
|$68.23 per hour||90 Reviews (100% positive)|
|$70.58 per hour||0 reviews|
|$58.82 per hour||80 Reviews (88% positive)|
|$21.17 per hour||1 Review (100% positive)|
As you can see one can expect to earn upto $92.94 per hour with some good ratings, cleaning services being completed on time for using TaskRabbit.
Earnings of users cleaning houses as per cities
Here are some of the earnings that you can expect to earn for using TaskRabbit:
|Boston||$352.94 per hour (15 reviews – 100% positive)|
|Chicago||$94.11 per hour (57 reviews – 100% positive)|
|Dallas/Fort Worth||$94.11 per hour (12 reviews – 100% positive)|
|LA and OC||$75.29 per hour (48 reviews – 100% positive)|
|New York City||$38.82 per hour (1 review – 100% positive)|
Factors that help to decide how much can you earn cleaning houses using TaskRabbit
Some of the factors which are crucial for earnings are:
- Time of task being delivered
- Date for delivery of the task
- Size of the home of the concerned person
- Location of the home of the person
- Tasker type who provides the service.
Who is eligible to start using TaskRabbit to make money cleaning houses
Anyone who is at least 18 years of age can start to use TaskRabbit to make money cleaning houses.
How to start using TaskRabbit and make money cleaning houses
Here are some of the key things to consider for cleaners looking to clean houses:
Key points for using TaskRabbit
Here are some of the key points to remember for using TaskRabbit:
- Describe the task for which you want to offer services as a tasker.
- Pick your skills, expertise and start to clean the houses and obtain the ratings as desired.
- Once you clean the houses at the destination, get paid for the money and obtain a review for it as well.
How can cleaners start to make money cleaning houses using TaskRabbit
Cleaners also known as Taskers can clean houses using TaskRabbit in the following steps:
- Sign up for the platform after downloading the app and completing the registration.
- Start to work on your profile and choose for the services that you want to offer.
- Confirm upon the identity and verify the eligibility requirements.
- Pay the registration fees where applicable in selected cities ($25 registration fees is applicable in certain areas).
- Set your own schedule and work as per your convenience.
- Grow the business and start to get jobs as and when they arise.
What is the scope of work included to make money cleaning houses
Cleaners must look into the following scope of work to make money cleaning houses:
- Cleaning up of floors
- Kitchen cleaning
- Bathroom cleaning
- Dusting up of all accessible spaces around you
- Sweeping the areas around you
- Cleaning the dishes
- Doing laundry work as well
- Making beds
- Emptying dishwasher
- Window washing etc.
An estimation of time is made based upon your requirement and tasks to be completed on priority should be intimated to the tasker beforehand itself.
MaidsApp as the name suggests is a platform which is essentially built for cleaners looking to make money cleaning houses.
It provides an all in one package solution to the people who are looking to get their house cleaned and decked up properly.
The professionals looking to provide the cleaning services for the houses are expected to arrive within 20 mins – 1 hour time.
The platform provides cleaning for commercial places as well as residential places as well.
There is a flexible working schedule with a good pay available using MaidsApp.
Operating since 2013, with an umbrella of maids working in MaidsApp this has indeed come a long way.
Let’s look at what you can expect from using Maids App…
Quick Insights for using Maids App
Here’s all you need to know about using MaidsApp:
|How much money can you earn using MaidsApp||Upto $140 for cleaning 1 bedroom house|
|Referral amount for using MaidsApp||Not Available Yet|
|Platforms supported for using MaidsApp||iOS and Android|
|Countries applicable for using the MaidsApp||U.S.|
|Rating||TrustPilot – No reviews yet|
Apple app store – 3.4 / 5
Google Play Store – 3.4 / 5
|How is the money paid via MaidsApp||Paid via credit card or debit card to cleaners|
How much money can you earn cleaning houses using Maids App platform
Professional cleaners can expect to earn upto $140 for cleaning up of a 1 bedroom house.
Who is eligible to start using Maids App to make money cleaning houses
Anyone who is at least 18 years of age is eligible to start work as a cleaning professional cleaning houses.
How to start using MaidsApp to make money cleaning houses
Here’s how professional cleaners can start to use MaidsApp and make money cleaning houses:
- Download and install the app onto the phone (either Android or iOS).
- Submit the basic details of being a maid onto the platform such as first name, last name, email, phone number, password etc.
- Complete the pre screening process with necessary verification of IDs before you start to work.
- Candidates should have prior experience related to cleaning houses to get suitable work on the platform.
- Pre vaccination of the maids along with a negative test for Covid-19 is required.
Types of scope of work of providing cleaning services using MaidsApp
Here are the areas of work for a maid looking for cleaning services using MaidsApp:
|Quick Cleaning Services||Surface cleaning (30 mins duration)|
|Basic Cleaning Services||More thorough service of cleaning that includes daily household chores|
|Deep Cleaning Services||Spotless cleaning of the entire house (Basic Cleaning + More service offered by cleaners)|
Allbetter app is quite similar in functionality like TaskRabbit.
This platform provides several services such as:
- Cleaning services
- Handyman services
- Landscaping services
- Plumber Services
- HVAC Services
- Electrician Services
- Snow Remover services etc.
The platform has the main mission objective to make life easy for the house owners and get the work done by professionals who can manage the various works assigned.
Keeping the priority of the home owners in place with their safety and security issues the platform has been designed to meet their needs.
Here’s the best features for using AllBetter app:
- Speed of posting about a job
- Controlling upon the variables such as pay rate, time and also the price for payment of the job.
- Clarity for knowing about the details of work such as texts, photos and videos included in the work details.
- Once a contractor is hired the details of the person hiring is kept private.
- Only the best contractors and best customers get to use the app.
Let’s get to know more about using the All Better app…
Quick Insights for using All Better app
Here’s what you need to know about using All Better app:
|How much money can you earn using All Better app||Earn around $25 per hour for cleaning services|
|Referral amount for using All Better app||5% of each job completed by referral|
|Platforms supported for using All Better app||iOS and Android|
|Countries applicable for using the All Better app||U.S.|
|Rating||TrustPilot – 4.2 / 5|
Apple app store – 4.2 / 5
Google Play Store – 4.6 / 5
|How is the money paid via All Better app||Payment to bank account using Stripe|
How much money can you make using All Better app
Professional cleaners using the All Better app can expect to make around $25 per hour for cleaning houses.
Here are some of the pay rates for cleaning houses expected for using All Better app:
|$95||Replacement of washing machine hoses|
|$195||Cleaning services for 4 bedroom and 2 bathrooms|
|$125||Clean upto 2 bedroom and 1 bathroom|
|$150||3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms cleaning|
|$150||Replacing one toilet|
|$120||Replace one dishwasher|
|$65||Leaf removal for small lawn|
|$55||Small lawn mowing|
|$105||Unclog the kitchen sink|
|$105||Replacement of one micro oven|
|$95||Replacement of one garbage disposal|
|$70||Replacing 1 – 4 light bulbs in the room|
|$60||Clean one ceiling fan|
|$105||Removing weeds upto 100 sq ft|
The rate of earning depends upon the number of rooms to clean along with any added extras (if any).
Besides the basic pay as decided, cleaners can also receive 100% of the tips received (if any).
As you can see professional cleaners can expect to make upto $195 for cleaning houses.
Who is eligible to start using All Better app to make money cleaning houses
Anyone who is at least 18 years of age is eligible to start to make money cleaning houses using the All Better app.
Besides above, the professionals are expected to reach on time and complete the scheduled work as per the agreement.
Necessary ID verifications, following proper sanitization protocols are necessary as well.
How to start using All Better app and make money cleaning houses
Professional cleaners looking to make money cleaning houses can start using All Better app from following:
- Sign Up on the platform, set up the location and radius of work and then start to take work for payment
- Getting prescreened with necessary ID’s verified is the first thing to consider.
- Having some experience prior to the start of the work is a requirement in most of the cases.
Besides above here’s how the cleaners are expected to do to their return using the All Better app:
- Set up a good profile with the addition of a complete profile along with a profile photo.
- Include an eye catchy bio in the profile as well.
- Be proactive in communication with the clients and chat for resolution of issues.
- Include the pics of the before and after jobs that are completed to show the results.
What kind of cleaning services are available using All Better app
Here are the types of cleaning services one can expect to have by using All Better app:
- House cleaning services
- Cleaning services near the user
- Deep cleaning services
- End of tenancy cleaning services
- Maid services
- Spring cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
- Gutter cleaning
- Window cleaning
- Air duct cleaning
Tidy is the next platform on the list which we are going to talk about.
This is the next platform where people can look to make money cleaning houses using the services provided.
The platform is simple to work and easy to handle with.
Some of the key features includes:
- Setting up the time to work around.
- Get connected to the desired clients to work with.
- Set up the time in between 1 – 4 hours to complete the task.
- Manage everything with the smartphone itself and rely on using the same device to get through.
- Payments are processed every week.
Quick Insights for using Tidy
Here’s what you can expect to have using Tidy platform:
|How much money can you earn using Tidy||$27 per hour or earn upto $160 per week cleaning houses.|
|Referral amount for using Tidy||$25 credit for referring a referral|
|Platforms supported for using Tidy||iOS and Android|
|Countries applicable for using the Tidy||U.S.|
|Rating||TrustPilot – No reviews yet|
Apple app store – 2 / 5
Google Play Store – No rating yet
|How is the money paid via Tidy||Payment to bank (e-deposits) processed within 5 business days |
PayPal form of payment (within minutes)
How to make money cleaning houses using Tidy
Cleaners can make money cleaning houses using Tidy by following the 3 steps as mentioned below:
- Complete the application for applying to Tidy and the department will contact you for scheduling further steps.
- Earn the certification within a day and start to clean houses to make money cleaning houses.
- Work as per schedule of the clients in under a week and start to make money from cleaning services.
How much money can you make using Tidy
Professional cleaners can expect to make around $27 – $38 per hour for cleaning houses using the Tidy platform.
The professionals can expect to earn upto $160 per week for cleaning the houses.
Tidy cleaning professionals have even reported to have made over $1000 using the platform.
The platform states that cleaning professionals can earn upto $200 per day or more using Tidy..
Who is eligible to make money cleaning houses using Tidy
Anyone who is at least 18 years of age is eligible to start to make money cleaning houses using Tidy.
Besides above, cleaning professional need to fulfill the following conditions as well:
- Getting verified from the ID of the individual
- Having an experience of work related to the task being delivered.
- Being punctual and reaching the desired location on time to carry out the task in a timely manner etc.
What are the various cleaning services offered for using Tidy
There are various cleaning services offered for using Tidy which are as follows:
- Home cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
- Washing up of windows
- Cleaning up of pools
- Taking care of the lawn as a professional etc.
The name Spotless is synonymous to cleaning in an extraordinary manner which itself describes how cleaners can make money cleaning houses.
It is one of the oldest platforms operating in the business with a history of around 70 years in existence.
The platform offers a diverse range of activities which includes:
- Management of facilities
- Implementing solutions related to security and electronic
- Offering services related to sustainability etc.
The platform offers the gamut of services in the Australian and NewZealand soil for the users.
Some of the prominent services as a part of management of facilities includes:
- Management of accommodation
- Car parking management
- Event management
- Servicing of food
- Pest control services
- Waste management etc.
Let’s get to know more about using Spotless…
Quick Insights for using Spotless
Here’s all you need to know about using Spotless:
|How much money can you earn using Spotless||Upto $23.4 AUD per hour for cleaning services|
|Referral amount for using Spotless||$50 for each new customer|
|Platforms supported for using Spotless||iOS and Android|
|Countries applicable for using the Spotless||Australia and NewZealand|
|Rating||TrustPilot – Not Available|
Apple app store – 4.3 / 5
Google Play Store – No ratings yet
|How is the money paid via Spotless||Bank payment to the person|
How to make money using Spotless
Cleaners can expect to make money using Spotless by downloading the app onto their smartphone and registering on the platform as a cleaner.
Then they can start to take cleaning tasks and make money cleaning houses in the process.
Who is eligible to start using Spotless to make money cleaning houses
Anyone who is at least 18 years of age is eligible to make money cleaning houses using Spotless.
Besides above one must be experienced to handle cleaning work at different locations and flexible to provide services as and when required.
Getting prescreened and ID verified is also a requirement for using the platform to make money cleaning houses.
How much money can you expect to earn for cleaning houses
Cleaners using Spotless platform can expect to make around $23.4 AUD for using the platform.
However a suitable range of payment can be around AUD $19 – AUD $26 per hour for using the platform.
What are the services included in cleaning houses for using Spotless
Here’s a list of services included as a part of cleaning houses for using Spotless:
- Commercial cleaning of the houses
- Maintenance of the ground and garden
- Light and heavy industrial equipments related work
- Services related to hygiene and washroom.
- Pest related control services.
- Hygienic and sterile cleaning.
- Recycling and waste management.
- Cleaning up windows.
Housecall Pro name simplest cleaning services for the people looking to make money cleaning houses.
Established in the year of 2013, this platform has been in existence for around a decade.
The core objective is to connect the professionals who can offer home based services to the users looking for it.
There are around 20,000 and more professionals who are offering home based services
Let’s get to know more about using Housecall Pro…
Quick Insights for using Housecall Pro
Here’s all you need to know about using Housecall Pro:
|How much money can you earn using Housecall Pro||Earn at least $10 per hour for cleaning services|
|Referral amount for using Housecall Pro||Available|
|Platforms supported for using Housecall Pro||iOS and Android|
|Countries applicable for using the Housecall Pro||U.S.|
|Rating||TrustPilot – 4.3 / 5|
Apple app store – 4.6 / 5
Google Play Store – 3.7 / 5
|How is the money paid via Housecall Pro||Payments are processed through Stripe to bank account|
How much money can you make using Housecall Pro
Anyone using Housecall Pro can expect to make at least $10 per hour for cleaning services.
Who is eligible to start using Housecall Pro to make money cleaning houses
Anyone who is at least 16 years of age is eligible to start using Housecall Pro to make money cleaning houses.
How to start using Housecall Pro to make money cleaning houses
Professional cleaners looking to start to make money cleaning houses can start by downloading the application onto the phone.
Then they need to get themselves pre-screened with all the required conditions and start looking for jobs to make money cleaning houses.
Housekeeper.com is one of those platforms which is solely known for providing the cleaning services.
The platform has over a million members who use the platform to complete their cleaning services.
This platform is among a large list of other platforms which offers various services such as:
- Taking care of elders (Eldercare.com)
- Keeping a watch over houses (Housekeeper.com)
- Walking dogs and taking care of them (PetSitter.com)
Let’s get to know more about using Housekeeper.com…
Quick Insights about using Housekeeper.com
Here’s a quick insight about using Housekeeper.com:
|How much money can you earn using Housekeeper.com||Upto $50 per hour for cleaning houses|
|Referral amount for using Housekeeper.com||Not Available|
|Platforms supported for using Housekeeper.com||iOS and Android|
|Countries applicable for using the Housekeeper.com||U.S. and Canada|
|Rating||TrustPilot – 1.8 / 5|
Apple app store – 3.4 / 5
Google Play Store – 2.3 / 5
|How is the money paid via Housekeeper.com||Payment to bank|
How much money can you make using Housekeeper.com
Users can expect to make money cleaning houses in the range of $25 – $40 per hour using Housekeeper.com (average payment rates).
Besides above pay rate here are some of the payments made to Housekeeper professionals as per their experience:
|$28 per hour||20 years of experience|
|$50 per hour||25 years of experience|
|$40 per hour||10 years of experience|
|$35 per hour||15 years of experience|
|$25 per hour||15 years of experience|
|$40 per hour||10 years of experience|
|$25 per hour||4 years of experience|
|$14 per hour||Less than 1 year of experience|
|$30 per hour||Less than 1 year of experience|
|$25 per hour||12 years of experience|
As you can see professional cleaners can expect to make money cleaning houses even upto $50 per hour using Housekeeper.com.
This depends upon a variety of factors such as:
- Years of experience
- Number of services offered
- Ratings obtained
- Location of service being offered.
Who is eligible to start using Housekeeper.com and make money cleaning houses
Anyone looking to offer cleaning services on Housekeeper.com must be at least of 18 years to use Housekeeper.com
How to start using Housekeepr.com to make money cleaning houses
Any dog walker can make money cleaning houses by following these 3 simple steps:
- Users can post their profiles related to the services offered and find prospective clients for cleaning housing services.
- House cleaners need to fill in a form and give relevant details on how to reach them and give information related to their pay rates as well.
- This helps the house owners find the relevant house cleaners in their neighborhood and house cleaners can make money in the process.
Airtasker is one more platform on the list to make money cleaning houses.
As a professional cleaner if you are looking to make money cleaning houses you can definitely look at the impressive stats of Airtasker.
This platform has already completed over 2.5 million tasks related to various tasks.
There are a plethora of services provided on this platform such as:
- Home cleaning
- Furniture assembly
- Gardening and landscaping service
- Business and administration
- Freelancing work (such as freelancing writing)
- Marketing and Design related services etc.
Let’s get to know more about using Airtasker…
Quick Insights about using Airtasker
Here’s what you need to know about using Airtasker:
|How much money can you earn using Airtasker||$80 – $300 for cleaning houses|
|Referral amount for using Airtasker||Earn $10 credit and the referral earns a $25 towards the first task|
|Platforms supported for using Airtasker||iOS and Android|
|Countries applicable for using the Airtasker||U.S.,Canada and Australia|
|Rating||TrustPilot – 1.8 / 5|
Apple app store – 4.8 / 5
Google Play Store – 4.3 / 5
|How is the money paid via Airtasker||Airtasker pay money transferred to the bank account|
How much money can you earn using Airtasker
Airtasker can earn around $10,750 a month on Airtasker (as stated on the website).
Besides the above average payment here’s additional pay rates as specified on the platform:
|$150||Cleaning up of 2 bedrooms house|
|$200||2 bedroom, 1 study room and 2 bathroom apartment cleaning|
|$80||Cleaning of unit|
|$250||Deep cleaning up of house|
|$120||Cleaning of 3 bedroom apartment|
|$100||Cleaning of small house|
|$80||Cleaning of windows|
As you can see one can expect to earn upto $300 for cleaning a house using Airtasker.
Who is eligible to start using Airtasker to make money cleaning houses
Anyone who is at least 18 years of age can start to make money cleaning houses using Airtasker.
How to start using Airtasker to make money cleaning houses
Professional cleaners can start to use Airtasker to make money cleaning houses from the following:
- Discover about the job opportunities available near your region by looking for all the available jobs.
- Make an upfront offer to the task and set up your own price as per your estimations.
- Complete the task as assigned and start to make money from cleaning.
What are the best features for using Airtasker
Here are some of the best features that you can take advantage of using Airtasker:
- Flexibility of working as per requirement at your own time and convenience.
- Only pay service fees at the time money is charged for payment for the services offered.
- Money is parked in the bank account as and when the task is marked as complete.
- Make money by ramping upon your skills and refining it more with passage of time.
Thumbtack is quite an amazing name providing cleaning services to the users using the platform to make money cleaning houses.
This is an American based website launched way back in 2008 that serves several purposes.
One can expect to find numerous things to make money online besides cleaning services such as:
- Personal projects
- Home improvements services
- Financial and legal services
- Event planning etc.
Let’s get to know more about using Thumbtack…
Quick Insights for using Thumbtack
Here’s all you need to know about using Thumbtack:
|How much money can you earn using Thumbtack||$25 – $50 per hour for cleaning houses|
|Referral amount for using Thumbtack||Earn upto $2000 in credit |
(for a maximum referral upto 10 pros per year)
|Platforms supported for using Thumbtack||iOS and Android|
|Countries applicable for using the Thumbtack||U.S.|
|Rating||TrustPilot – 4.4 / 5|
Apple app store – 4.9 / 5
Google Play Store – 4 / 5
|How is the money paid via Thumbtack||Digital payments through Zelle, PayPal, Square Cash, Google Pay, Venmo and more|
How much money can you make for cleaning houses using Thumbtack
Professional cleaners can expect to earn upto $50 per hour for cleaning houses using Thumbtack.
For deep cleaning services provided to the customers, one can expect to earn upto $25 per hour using Thumbtack.
Here’s some additional estimates that shows how much a cleaner can expect to earn using Thumbtack (room wise):
|1 room cleaning||$94|
|2 rooms cleaning||$120|
|3 rooms cleaning||$146|
Here are some further earnings estimates for anyone looking to make money cleaning houses using Thumbtack (house wise):
|Small Apartment||$80 – $110|
|2000 square foot house||$150 – $250|
Besides the above numbers we can safely estimate that a professional cleaning service using Thumbtack can earn around $40 – $65 per hour (average).
Who is eligible to make money cleaning houses using Thumbtack
Anyone who is at least 18 years of age is eligible to start using to make money cleaning houses.
Besides above, here are some of the additional things to keep in mind while using Thumbtack:
- Get yourself prescreened on the platform by giving the necessary credentials on time.
- Be ready to work at nearby locations as per your flexibility of providing the services having opted for the work.
- Offer the services following necessary Covid-19 guidelines such as wearing a mask, taking care of sanitization, having a Covid-19 negative certificate and more.
How to start using Thumbtack to make money cleaning houses
Professional cleaners can start to use Thumbtack to make money cleaning houses as follows:
- Download and install the app onto your smartphone (iOS and Android).
- Once installed, list out your services to be provided along with specified years of experience with further details specifying yourself.
- As customers get to read about your services, they will shortlist and filter out their requirements.
- This will help them to opt for your services and you can start to make money cleaning houses.
MollyMaid is the next platform which calls for people looking to make money cleaning houses.
This platform has been in existence for over 3 decades and is providing cleaning services for the people.
Over a million customers have taken the benefit of being a part of the MollyMaid team.
Let’s get to know about using MollyMaid…
Quick insights about using MollyMaid
Here’s what you need to know about using MollyMaid:
|How much money can you earn using MollyMaid||Around $10 – $15 per hour for cleaning services|
|Referral amount for using MollyMaid||Not Available|
|Countries applicable for using the MollyMaid||U.S.|
|Rating||TrustPilot – 3.5 / 5|
|How is the money paid via MollyMaid||Cash, cheque or credit card payments by the house owners|
How much money can you make using MollyMaid
Professional cleaners looking to make money cleaning houses using MollyMaid can expect to earn up to $10 per hour using MollyMaid.
Who is eligible to start using MollyMaid to make money cleaning houses
Anyone who is at least 18 years of age is eligible to start to make money cleaning houses using MollyMaid.
Features of using MollyMaid
Following are the added benefits of using MollyMaid:
- 24 hour warranty for backing up off the work from the MollyMaid platform.
- Extensive background check of the individuals ensures every member is thoroughly trained to perform their tasks as required.
How to start using MollyMaid to make money cleaning houses
Cleaners need to get themselves ID verified and must fulfill sanitization and other protocols for getting started using MollyMaid.
Besides this one must be disciplined and work as per time deadline to make money cleaning houses using MollyMaid.
Types of services included as a part of MollyMaid to make money cleaning houses
Here are the types of cleaning services that are included as a part of cleaning services at MollyMaid:
- Recurring Services (For cleaning services used for more than once).
- Occasional and One time service (For cleaning services used for once).
- Move Out and Move in Cleaning services
- Apartment Cleaning
- Special Event Cleaning
- Housekeeping Services
- Refrigerator Cleaning services
- Oven Cleaning
Here are the things which are not cleaned by the MollyMaid cleaning professionals using MollyMaid:
- Fireplace inside cleaning
- Picking up the clutter of the house
- Iron cleaning
- Doing laundry
- Washing the dishes
Craigslist is another platform which helps to list the services of the people looking to provide services to others.
This is basically an advertising platform where people can post about their work offered to others.
Here one can list their own services being provided to others and then acquire customers on the basis of what they offer.
Users can upload about a lot of stuff which includes:
Let’s get to know more about using CraigsList…
Quick Insights for using CraigsList
Here’s what you can expect for using CraigsList:
|How much does Craigslist charge from sellers||Free to use|
|What can you sell at Craigslist||Many things such as books, collectibles, appliances, materials, and more.|
|Countries Applicable for using Craigslist||70 countries|
|Annual Revenue||More than $1 billion in 2019|
|Popularity||15th most popular website|
How to start using Craigslist to make money cleaning houses
Here’s how people can sell their services on the platform to make money cleaning houses:
- Selling items on Craigslist doesn’t require creating an account.
- Navigate to the website on Craigslist, and click on the “create a posting” on the top left of the site to list out your services.
- Next, select the type of posting by selecting the correct option as you are making money cleaning houses.
- Submit the necessary details on the next page which is all about the details of the listing, which involves the title, price, description, and much more. (Be as descriptive and informative as possible)
- Make sure to set the location as accurately as possible given in the necessary landmarks to help interested buyers find your services.
- Put good quality photos of the service you want to sell i.e. Cleaning houses to increase the visibility of your services to others.
How much money can you make using Craigslist
It depends upon your listing and how much you are selling your services to make money cleaning houses for.
If you are a reputable seller selling services for a long time, then you can expect good money for the services offered.
So, it all depends upon how you want to list your services to make money cleaning houses for.
Who is eligible to start using Craigslist to make money cleaning houses
It is recommended for anyone who is at least 18 years of age to start using Craigslist for cleaning houses.
This is to fulfill the minimum legal requirement for making money on the platform as notifiable across many places around the world.
What are the key features of using CraigsList
- This is a most widely used platform to find out classified ads for different services
- Craigslist offers free postings of the saleable items that lasts for a time span for a period of a maximum 45 days (depends upon the city and the category of the item)
- Craigslist is a visual platform which convinces buyers to buy their product as displayed. Thus putting in a focus on adding good quality images will help to enhance visibility for cleaners.
- However the interface of using Craigslist is quite old-fashioned which will take a while to get used to.
- The website is run with not the objective of earning profits but rather helping out people as much as possible in any way possible.
HomeGuide is another key platform which helps to make money cleaning houses besides other tasks.
Some of the prominent services offered from the platform includes:
- Cleaning services
- Taking care of pets
- Lawn care
- Remodeling business
- Painting services
- Plumbing work
- Electrical work and more.
This can be considered as a one stop solution for many problems that arise for the house owners.
This is a platform that matches the interests and needs of the customers with the cleaning professionals to meet the exact needs.
Along with this customers get access to reviews, chats, or even call the professionals to ensure that they get the best service that they are looking for.
HomeGuide has been in existence for under a decade and has made a name for itself with over a million customers looking for help.
Here’s some additional interesting stats to know about the platform:
- New customers added onto the platform each year – 800k customers
- Active community of professionals using HomeGuide – 30k
- Total earnings of the professionals using HomeGuide – $90 million
Let’s get to know more about using HomeGuide…
Quick Insights for using HomeGuide
Here’s what you need to know about using HomeGuide:
|How much money can you earn using HomeGuide||Upto $400 for a deep clean|
|Referral amount for using HomeGuide||Not Available|
|Platforms supported for using HomeGuide||Mobile Phones|
|Countries applicable for using the HomeGuide||U.S.|
|Rating||TrustPilot – No reviews yet|
|How is the money paid via HomeGuide||Bank account payment|
How much money can you make using HomeGuide
As per HomeGuide one can expect to make money cleaning houses as per following:
|Standard House Cleaning||$90 – $180|
|Deep clean or Move out clean||$130 – $400|
The prices charged for the cleaning services depends on several factors, but includes the following primary things as well:
- Fridge cleaning is included or not
- Window cleaning or other services are included or not etc.
This goes to show professional cleaners can expect to make money cleaning houses upto $400 using HomeGuide.
Rates expected to earn for a cleaner using HomeGuide as per types of services
Here’s a quick glimpse at the rates expected to be earned for using various services using HomeGuide:
|Cleaning Type||Rate Expected||Average Cost|
|Dumpster Cleaning Costs||$279 to $487 per week||$363 per week of clean|
|Junk and Trash Removal costs||$150 – $350 ($1.50 per ft3)||$210|
|Power of Pressure washing costs||$0.35 – $0.77 Per Square Foot|
$151 – $366 Average Total Cost
|Window Cleaning Costs||$10 – $15 Per Window|
$151 – $366 Average Total Cost
|Snow Removal Costs||$30 – $70 cost per hour or per visit|
$200 – $600 total cost per season
|$25 – $75 per hour|
$30 – $70 per visit
$100 – $300 per month
|Professional Rug Cleaning Service||$2 – $7 Per Square Foot|
$60 – $300 5’x8′ Area Rug
$150 – $600 8’x10′ Area Rug
|House Cleaning Costs||$25 – $50 Hourly Rate Per Cleaner|
$91 – $185 Average Total
|Maid Service Costs||$120 – $280 Average price per cleaning|
$25 – $70 Per hour
|Carpet Cleaning Costs||$25 – $70 per room||$50|
|Apartment Cleaning Costs||$75 – $135 ($50 per hour)||$75 for standard clean|
$110 for move out clean
|Gutter Cleaning costs||$0.50 – $1.50 Per Square Foot|
$110 – $185 Average Total
Note: Besides the above, one can expect to earn a tip of upto $10 for exceptional service offered…😃
Who is eligible to start using HomeGuide to make money cleaning houses
Anyone who is at least 18 years of age is required to start using HomeGuide to make money cleaning houses.
How to start using HomeGuide to make money cleaning houses
Professional looking to start using HomeGuide can make money cleaning houses as follows:
- Setup your profile by giving the necessary details related to it.
- Add in your services that you offer and get it up with necessary details added onto it.
- Set your budget for providing the services and fix your rate onto it.
Additional points to remember to use HomeGuide
Besides above here are some of the key points to remember to grow business using HomeGuide:
- Send a professional quote related to the service being offered having all the necessary details including name, address, and other necessary information.
- Make the customers aware of your rate by sharing your rate details.
- Look for creating the best profile as suitable (add in credentials, logo, experience or more).
- Collect as many reviews as possible from the customers (include the reviews from working with the past customer).
- Keep spreading the quotes onto multiple customers as the more you spread it out, the better are the chances of getting hired.
What cleaning services are included for cleaning houses using HomeGuide
Here are the services that are included as a part of basic house cleaning for using HomeGuide:
- Washing up of sinks,
- Cleaning toilets,
- Cleaning the showers,
- Checking upon the baths area,
- Cleaning mirrors,
- Wiping countertops,
- Wiping cabinets and appliances,
- Mopping up of floors,
- Sweeping the floors,
- Vacuuming the accessible areas,
- Dusting up of surfaces,
- Emptying up of trash cans,
- Making of the beds,
- Washing and putting away dishes, and
- Organizing lights.
Add on services included as a part of house cleaning using HomeGuide
Add on services that are a part of house cleaning for using HomeGuide includes the following:
- Cleaning refrigerator,
- Oven cleaning,
- Cleaning up of windows,
- Checking out the interiors of cabinet,
- Laundry cleaning
How much money can you make cleaning houses
Professional cleaners can make money upto $50 – $350 per hour for providing cleaning services using the platforms as listed above.
This can be a good side hustle if you take it long term and decide to stick to it for long and make good money from it.
Factors that decide how much money can you earn cleaning houses
Here are some of the factors that help in deciding how much money can you earn cleaning houses:
- Size of the house along with the number of rooms required for cleaning (bedrooms and bathrooms included).
- Location of services being offered.
- Ratings acquired and reviews obtained from the customers during the course of time.
- Experience of working in the industry and knowledge of work.
- Flexibility of doing the work even during weekends or on festivities which can give higher earnings than usual etc
How to start to make money cleaning houses
Anyone looking to make money cleaning houses can assume that it would be simple and straightforward to get started.
However here are some of the key things to remember when looking to start this side hustle, such as:
- Having good knowledge of the task being undertaken.
- Prior experience of working at a location and getting the work completed on time.
- Fulfilling customer’s needs and demands and understanding the requirements of the work thoroughly.
- Being on time and punctual to finish the work in the desired manner as expected.
- Having good communication skills and being able to interact with clients freely etc.
What are the types of activities to make money cleaning houses
There are several types of tasks that are included as a part of house cleaning services for anyone looking to make money cleaning houses:
- Cleaning of rooms which includes kitchen, toilet rooms, drawing rooms, bedrooms etc.
- Making sure that the surfaces accessible are cleaned and sanitized well.
- Taking care of dishes and ensuring looking up after the dishwasher.
- Checking up the lawn area and mowing and cleaning up of the lawn when required.
- Disposal of the garbage collected in the house when assigned for.
- Removing any kind of cobwebs and vacuuming of carpets and rugs present in the house.
Overall the responsibility would be to tidy the house so as to bring it to a condition which you would appreciate to live in as like your own house…😊
Who is eligible to make money cleaning houses
Anyone who has an experience in cleaning houses and is well over the legal age of 18 years would be eligible to start working as a cleaner.
Besides this having all the necessary ID proofs as required is also a must have requirement to be able to start working as a cleaner.
So anyone ideally who has some free time in hand can look to do it part time initially and then work around for a full time job if possible.
Possible suitable candidates would be students or working professionals who have some time in hand.
Is it a good side hustle to make money cleaning houses
Yes, cleaning houses to make money can be a really good hustle provided you keep doing it consistently over a period of time.
This is quite a good paying job as we have seen from the income potential from all the platforms listed above.
Cleaners can expect to earn even $100 for each work that they are assigned for depending upon the length and complexity of the work.
As we can see from the trends above, the search term of “cleaning houses” has not lost its relevance and is still having high search traffic even till today.
This goes to show that this is something that is here to stay for long and will continue to rise in importance in the future too.
So, yes anyone can start to do this today as a part-time job without leaving the 9 to 5 yet…
Make money from 1 high-quality article and 1 email outreach
In this process all you got to do are 3 things:
First, find a YouTuber who doesn’t have a website or a blog. Start writing articles for the videos that he publishes online.
Write at least 10 articles and select 1 high-quality article from the lot of 10 articles.
Reach out to the YouTuber highlighting the importance of a blog/website and mention that you will help them set up a blog.
Once the YouTuber agrees to your proposal create a website and start putting blogs in that website.
Write the blogs for the YouTuber and start charging a steady income of fixed standard rates as per freelancing norms.
This is a WIN-WIN for both YouTubers and Freelance content writers.
YouTubers will start making additional revenue along with their YouTube channel and the freelance content writers will make a steady income equivalent to the number of videos that are being uploaded.
Start finding 10 YouTubers who upload 3 videos in a month and suddenly you have a steady income coming by to your account.
If you would like to know the detailed steps involved, click here to follow.
Final Words on how to make money cleaning houses
We have discussed in detail everything that we needed to know and covered almost everything that we needed to discuss on how to make money cleaning houses and more.
This is a viable business model and people can make a good income if they get consistent amounts of work with time.
Let’s summarize the entire discussion so far to get a quick glance upon everything.
Summary on how to make money cleaning houses
|Handy||Upto $22 per hour for cleaning services|
|TaskRabbit||$21.17 – $352.94 per hour for cleaning houses|
|MaidsApp||Upto $140 for cleaning 1 bedroom house|
|AllBetter App||Earn around $25 per hour for cleaning services|
|Tidy||$27 per hour or earn upto $160 per week cleaning houses.|
|Spotless||Upto $23.4 AUD per hour for cleaning services|
|Housecall Pro||Earn at least $10 per hour for cleaning services|
|Housekeeper.com||Upto $50 per hour for cleaning houses|
|Airtasker||$80 – $300 for cleaning houses|
|Thumbtack||$25 – $50 per hour for cleaning houses|
|MollyMaid||Around $10 – $15 per hour for cleaning services|
|Craigslist||Depends upon their services listed|
|HomeGuide||Upto $400 for a deep clean|
Do let us know in the comments section below your thoughts on this and share this with others.
Let’s have a look at some of the most commonly asked questions from people on how to make money cleaning houses.
Besides above, there are a lot of other ways to make money which have been covered on this platform in detail.
FAQs on how to make money cleaning houses
Yes, you can earn upto $350 per hour (best case scenario) for cleaning houses and this is a well paying job as discussed in the article.
A professional cleaner can expect to earn around $40 – $65 per hour on an average for rendering cleaning services in 2022.
Yes, it’s completely legal to make money cleaning houses and earning cash provided you declare your earnings as per tax laws of the place you live in and file tax return as per that.