Anyone who loves to play around with babies can now make money from babysitting duties…👶
Parents are looking more to babysit their children as can be seen from the growing trends on “Google Trends” (more so in the U.S.).
This shouldn’t be a surprise as well.
A healthy 2.5 hours of time spent with kids is essential for the growth of children.
But, parents are unable to afford so much time required to love and care for their children at home.
This presents 2 options, be a stay-at-home dad or mom and look after the children.
Or, another alternative is to hire someone who can take care of their children while they are away.
As such, babysitters fulfill these needs and make around $17 – $18 per hour on average for taking care of 1 child.
Interesting for you, let’s get to know more about what’s on offer to become a babysitter in 2022.
We have covered everything you need to know to get started and make money from babysitting.
In this Guide
8+ platforms to make money from babysitting
If you are looking for information such as:
- What is babysitting all about,
- Who is suitable to make money from babysitting,
- How to increase income as a babysitter, etc
We have covered all the topics below.
Here we have listed our favorite 4 platforms to make money from babysitting:
|Overall rated best||Bambino|
|Best for variation in payments||Urban Sitter|
|Package-based services of babysitting||Seeking Sitters|
|Best as a community-based platform||Baby Sittor|
Let’s start with the first platform to make money from babysitting.
Care.com is the first platform on the list of people looking for babysitting work.
This is one platform that has a multitude of services that are offered to the users:
- Services related to child care services
- Senior care services
- Services based on tutoring
- Housecare related services
- Services related to offering daycare or petcare as well.
The site states some of the interesting facts which are:
- Around 340 billion dollars are spent every year on care-related services.
- About 80% of the development of the brain happens in a child at the age upto 4 years.
This speaks of the importance of child care which must be given emphasis from early on.
This is what Care.com emphasizes when providing child care services such as babysitting.
The platform has around 327778 babysitters around the world who provide services for babysitting with an average experience of around 5.6 years.
There are almost 197084 members who have reviewed the work with an average rating of almost 4.7 / 5.
Let’s get to know more about what Care.com has on offer.
Quick Insights about using Care.com
Here are the things necessary to know about using Care.com:
|How much money can you earn using Care.com||Upto $50 per hour for babysitting (for an experience of 10 years)|
|Referral Bonus for using Care.com||$20 referral bonus when|
|Platforms supported for using Care.com||iOS and Android|
|Countries applicable for using the Care.com||U.S. and Puerto Rico|
|Rating||TrustPilot – 1.1 / 5|
Google Play Store – 3.5 / 5
Apple app store – 4.6 / 5
|How is the money paid via Care.com||Payment directly goes to bank account|
How much money can you earn using Care.com
Babysitters earn on an average of $15.25 per hour as reported in July 2022.
Here’s a list of top 10 baby sitters registered at Care.com in New York, NY and their pay rates:
|Pay Rates||Experience of baby sitter|
|$16 – $21 per hour||10 years of experience|
|$20 – $35 per hour||10 years of experience|
|$25 – $30 per hour||10 years of experience|
|$35 – $40 per hour||4 years of experience|
|$20 – $25 per hour||10 years of experience|
|$20 – $50 per hour||10 years of experience|
|$22 – $25 per hour||10 years of experience|
|$20 – $35 per hour||10 years of experience|
|$20 – $25 per hour||10 years of experience|
|$20 – $35 per hour||4 years of experience|
As you can see one can expect to earn in between $16 – $50 per hour in 2022 depending upon the experience and expertise in the field.
Who is eligible to use Care.com
Anyone who has crossed 18 years of age is eligible to start using Care.com.
How to make money using Care.com
In order to start using Care.com to make money, one has to start following the below-mentioned steps:
- The first step is to Sign Up and look to create a profile as a service provider for using the platform.
- Next is the phase of searching for jobs around the locality you are based in. Find out if any work is available near your area and start applying to the jobs (if any).
- Get hired as per the suitability and requirement of the job and make money from babysitting in the process.
Here’s how the process works from the perspective of a parent of a child who looks for a babysitter:
- The first requirement is submitting the requirements for a babysitter.
- Start evaluating the babysitters after reading the reviews and finding the right fit for you.
- Browse the locals you match the needs of the babysitter and find the right match.
UrbanSitter is the second platform on the list.
The platform doesn’t keep any part of the earnings received from the parents towards babysitting.
The babysitters get to keep 100% of the earnings that they must receive.
Founded a decade back around 2011, the site found its existence with the objective of getting recommendations from friends and among the social circle.
The platform boasts over 150k caregivers who fit either babysitter, nanny, or become a caregiver.
UrbanSitter has made its presence across 60 cities in the U.S. and has expanded its services to a lot of categories as well.
Let’s get to know about using Urban Sitter in detail.
Quick Insights using Urban Sitter
Here’s what you can expect from using Urban Sitter:
|How much money can you earn using Urban Sitter||Upto $30 per hour for 1 child|
|Referral Bonus for using Urban Sitter||Make upto $400 credit for a lifetime of referrals|
|Platforms supported for using Urban Sitter||iOS and Android|
|Countries applicable for using the Urban Sitter||The U.S.|
|How is the money paid via Urban Sitter||Payments are processed through Stripe directly to a bank account |
In the form of cash
|Rating||TrustPilot – 2.2 / 5|
Google Play Store – 3.6 / 5
Apple app store – 4.8 / 5
How much money can you make using Urban Sitter
Anyone who looks to make money from babysitting can expect to earn upto $25 per hour for babysitting 1 child on UrbanSitter.
Here’s a list of the top 10 babysitters in the NewYork area:
|$22 per hour for 1 child||15 repeated families bookings (5-star reviews of 30 users)|
|$20 per hour for 1 child||19 repeated families bookings (5-star reviews of 27 users)|
|$20 per hour for 1 child||42 repeated families bookings (5-star reviews of 27 users)|
|$23 per hour for 1 child||114 repeated families bookings (5-star reviews 136 users)|
|$20 per hour for 1 child||14 repeated families bookings (5-star reviews 25 users)|
|$19 per hour for 1 child||20 repeated families bookings (5-star reviews 27 users)|
|$25 per hour for 1 child||20 repeated families bookings (5-star reviews 26 users)|
|$20 per hour for 1 child||92 repeated families bookings (5-star reviews 123 users)|
|$25 per hour for 1 child||35 repeated families bookings (5-star reviews 25 users)|
|$23 per hour for 1 child||23 repeated families bookings (5-star reviews 36 users)|
As you can see babysitters can expect to earn around $19 – $25 per hour for babysitting 1 child using UrbanSitter.
These earnings stated are for the New York area which can be compared similarly to other areas as well.
What are the average earnings of different cities in the U.S. for babysitting
Here’s a comparative statement of how much money can you make from babysitting as per different areas in the U.S.:
|Area||Average Pay Rates|
|New York||$19 – $25 per hour (for 1 child)|
|San Francisco||$21.03 per hour (for 1 child)|
|Chicago||$14 – $25 per hour (for 1 child)|
|Los Angeles||$18.25 per hour (for 1 child)|
|Seattle||$20 – $30 per hour (for 1 child)|
|Portland||$15.70 per hour (for 1 child)|
|Washington DC||$17.05 per hour (for 1 child)|
|Boston||$17.68 per hour (for 1 child)|
|Denver||$16.13 per hour (for 1 child)|
|San Diego||$18 – $26 per hour (for 1 child)|
So the pay rates definitely vary as per different cities and experience of babysitting as well.
What are the types of babysitting jobs?
Babysitters can expect to find babysitting jobs related to several areas such as:
- Date night jobs for babysitting
- After school hours babysitting
- Part-time and full-time babysitting
- Vacation babysitting
- Babysitting for backup-related work etc.
Who is eligible to start using UrbanSitter
Anyone who is at least of 18 years of age is eligible to start using UrbanSitter.
Besides the above, here are some additional requirements to be eligible for using UrbanSitter:
- You hold a legal right to work as a resident in the U.S.
- There is no criminal history pending against the provider who is looking to use the platform to provide babysitting services.
How to make money using UrbanSitter
Babysitters can start to make money using UrbanSitter from the following:
Creation of a profile
First and foremost, babysitters need to create a profile related to their services.
They must include the services offered, experience related to the childcare, and pay rates.
Start applying for the jobs
Once a profile is created babysitters can apply for jobs looking around their area.
This step includes searching for the right job fit using specified filters and search options.
Make money from babysitting
This is the final step where the parents get to pay the babysitters either in the form of cash or through the payment system.
There is the requirement for users to wait for any payday while they get to keep full earnings received.
SitterPro is the next platform to make money from babysitting.
This is a platform that has been created by parents who could feel the pain of parents not taking enough care of their child when needed.
With this objective in mind to provide a happier life for the parents and happy child life, SitterPro was created out of the need.
This has transformed into service for parents and caretakers to look after the kids as well.
Let’s get to know what you can expect from suing SitterPro.
Quick Insights for using SitterPro
Here’s all you can expect from using SitterPro:
|How much money can you earn using SitterPro||$13.5 for babysitting|
|Referral Bonus for using SitterPro||Not Applicable|
|Platforms supported for using SitterPro||iOS and Android|
|Countries applicable for using the SitterPro||The U.S.|
|How is the money paid via SitterPro||Processing the payments in Stripe directly to the bank, payroll, or cash|
(1.5% transaction fee is applicable for any instant payments)
|Rating||TrustPilot – No reviews yet|
Google Play Store – 2.5 / 5
Apple app store – 2.9 / 5
How much money can you make using SitterPro
Nothing much has been specified on the amount of money you can expect to earn from SitterPro.
But one can expect to earn around $13.5 per hour for babysitting which is the standard babysitting rate for using SitterPro.
Who is eligible to start using SitterPro
Anyone who is at least 18 years of age can start to use SitterPro.
Besides the above, the following other conditions also need to be met for using SitterPro:
- There is no case of conviction currently running against the caregiver, be it any trial or offense or any act of violence, abuse, case of neglect, or any such sort.
- Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States area.
How to make money from babysitting using SitterPro
Caregivers (babysitters) can start to make money from babysitting using SitterPro as follows:
- Babysitters can use the app to post relevant updates related to their job profile after downloading and joining in.
- Once it is created, applicants can search for relevant jobs for babysitting.
- One can book the jobs in seconds and start paying for the services of SitterPro babysitters.
Other features of using SitterPro
- Besides this, the platform offers babysitters to invite over friends and families to start using SitterPro.
- Start responding to the notifications received on the app to grab onto the job on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Babysitters can personalize their profiles and set up a payments system to grab more jobs while staying connected to others.
Bambino is another fancy name with a unique meaning that refers to infants or the babies around.
The platform hosts around 44000 babysitters across the platform who look to take work as a babysitter.
This is a community-based platform that connects like-minded people where friends and relatives help build connections between parents and babysitters.
Let’s get to know more about using Bambino.
Quick Insights for using Bambino
Here’s all you need to know about using Bambino:
|How much money can you earn using Bambino||Upto $18 per hour for babysitting|
|Referral Bonus for using Bambino||Sitters can earn $10 after making the first booking|
|Platforms supported for using Bambino||iOS and Android|
|Countries applicable for using the Bambino||The U.S.|
|How is the money paid via Bambino||Venmo or bank account|
|Rating||TrustPilot – Not Available Yet|
Google Play Store – 4.1 / 5
Apple app store – 4.9 / 5
How much money can you earn for using Bambino
Bambino allows babysitters to set their own babysitting rates while babysitting kids for money.
Babysitters make money as per the level they are in.
There are 4 levels of babysitters which are as follows:
|Junior Level Experience||They are at least 13 years of age babysitter (13 – 15 years)|
|Standard Sitters||16 – 18 years of age|
|Advanced Sitters||Minimum of 19 years of age|
|Elite Sitters||Highly rated, most reliable sitters |
Must have completed at least 6 sittings in last 2 months
Has a minimum of 4.8+ star rating
85% or higher reliability rating
Pay rates as per different levels of babysitters
This is what was found to be the general pay rate for babysitters on Bambino:
|Advanced Sitters||$16 – 17.75 per hour|
|Elite Sitters||$16 per hour|
So one can expect to make upto $18 per hour offering services as a babysitter on Bambino.
However, this depends upon several factors such as experience, expertise, comfort level, and much more.
Who is eligible to start using Bambino
Anyone who is at least 13 years of age is eligible to start using Bambino.
Being under 18 years of age requires parental permission to be able to use Bambino.
Each of the sitters who use Bambino is verified from their IDs, mobile phone number, and validation for the carrier.
Besides this, background checks, sex offender database checks, and even terror watchlists os observed as well.
How to make money from using Bambino
Here’s how a babysitter can start using Bambino to make money from babysitting:
- Start connecting with the parents who need to connect for getting babysitting services.
- After this babysitters will start receiving requests for job opportunities for babysitting.
- Start earning money after you provide the services to the parent and make money from babysitting.
Sitter City is another platform that can help parents meet their babysitters.
This was established way back in 2001 and has been in business for more than 2 decades.
This is the first-ever platform that provided online child care as an employee benefit for children.
Set up by a team of people who have personal experience in childcare as a parent this has got more people using it for a long.
Let’s dig into more about using Sitter City.
Quick Insights for using Sitter City
Here’s all you need to know about using Sitter City:
|How much money can you earn using Sitter City||Around $17.5 per hour of babysitting duties|
|Referral Bonus for using Sitter City||$50 for every new member|
|Platforms supported for using Sitter City||iOS and Android|
|Countries applicable for using the Sitter City||The U.S.|
|How is the money paid via Sitter City||Venmo, Zelle, Paypal, or cash|
|Rating||TrustPilot – Not Reviews Yet|
Google Play Store – 2.4 / 5
Apple app store – 4.7 / 5
How much can you earn using Sitter City
SitterCity states that a user can expect to earn around $17.5 per hour for doing babysitting duties.
This is influenced by several factors such as:
- Minimum wage laws are in place.
- Location of provision of the service
- Cost of living in the area
- Duties and responsibilities mentioned as per job description, etc.
Here’s a list of earnings of 10 babysitters in the New York area:
|Pay Rates||Additional Details|
|$15 – $20 per hour||Weekly Duty of part-time sitting of an infant|
|$30 – $50 per hour||Occasional requirement for private swim instructor for a 7-year-old|
|$10 – $15 per hour||Weekly Duty of part-time sitting of 2 children (2 years old and 6 years old)|
|$20 – $25 per hour||Occasional requirement for part-time sitting of 3 children|
|$25 – $26 per hour||Occasional requirement for 1 child (3 months old)|
|$15 – $18 per hour||Require services occasionally for 3 children|
|$15 – $18 per hour||1 child part-time sitting occasionally|
|$22 per hour||Weekly assisted care for 1 child (6 years old)|
|$15 – $20 per hour||Weekly babysitting for a toddler|
|$15 – $16 per hour||Summer sitter for 2 children (weekly basis)|
As you can see babysitters can expect to earn around $15 – $26 per hour for babysitting using SitterCity.
These earnings stated are for the New York area which can be compared similarly to other areas as well.
What are the average earnings of different cities in the U.S. for babysitting on SitterCity
Here’s a comparative statement of how much money can you make from babysitting as per different areas in the U.S.:
|Area||Average Pay Rates|
|New York||$15 – $26 per hour|
|San Francisco||$17 – $50 per hour|
|Chicago||$15 – $50 per hour|
|Los Angeles||$10 – $15 per hour|
|Seattle||$25 – $50 per hour|
|Portland||$49 – $50 per hour|
|Washington DC||$15 – $30 per hour|
|Boston||$28 – $35 per hour|
|Denver||$15 – $30 per hour|
|San Diego||$18 – $25 per hour|
Who is eligible to use Sitter City
Anyone who is at least 18 years of age can start to use SitterCity.
How to start to make money from babysitting using Sitter City
Babysitters can start using Sitter City in the following manner:
- Create a profile having details related to the profile and skills in place.
- Start applying to the jobs from relevant zip codes, rate along with the child’s age as well.
- Build over connections with the parents and start to make money from babysitting.
Seeking Sitters is next up on the list.
This platform was founded in the year of 2004, by a team of parents Seeking Sitters has definitely come a long way in providing babysitting services.
Every sitter has to go through a thorough scan and background verification to start using the services of Seeking Sitters.
Besides this, they fulfill the requirements in the acronym of S.T.Y.L.E which stands for the following:
- Safety is guaranteed
- Time is given priority
- No Yacking or texting
- Looking professional
- Exiting the house by making it look clean and in order.
Let’s get to know about Seeking Sitters more in detail.
Quick Insights about using Seeking Sitters
Here’s what you can expect from using Seeking Sitters:
|How much money can you earn using Seeking Sitters||$21 per hour for 1 child|
|Referral Bonus for using Seeking Sitters||Not Available|
|Platforms supported for using Seeking Sitters||iOS and Android|
|Countries applicable for using the Seeking Sitters||The U.S.|
|How is the money paid via Seeking Sitters||Online payment from the app|
How much can you earn for using Seeking Sitters
Seeking Sitters states the following pay rates as per the number of children as follows:
|1 Child||$21 per hour|
|2 Children||$22 per hour|
|3 Children||$23 per hour|
|4 Children||$24 per hour|
|5 Children||$25 per hour|
Here are the rates for babysitting on Seeking Sitters for holidays:
|1 Child||$28 per hour|
|2 Children||$29 per hour|
|3 Children||$30 per hour|
|4 Children||$31 per hour|
|5 Children||$32 per hour|
All these bookings are available for a minimum of 4 hours of payment for babysitting.
Who is eligible to start using Seeking Sitters
Anyone who is at least 18 years of age can start to use Seeking Sitters to make money from babysitting.
However, the average age of 25 years is recorded on Seeking Sitters.
What are the types of services available for using Seeking Sitters
Here are the types of services available for using Seeking Sitters as a babysitter:
- Date Night Outs
- Babysitting for recurring events each week.
- Emergency call-ups at the last moment.
How to start using Seeking Sitters to make money from babysitting
Seeking Sitters can start to make money from babysitting in the following way:
- Register on the platform using basic details having a name and other information.
- Once a profile is created start looking for services to provide as a babysitter using Seeking Sitters.
Helpr as the name sounds is for helping people with childcare-related services.
This platform carefully selects the individuals who fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Individuals who have at least 2 years of experience in professional childcare services.
- Have received at least 3 professional childcare-related references.
- All the childcare babysitters must have passed any sort of criminal background check along with social media background checks as well.
- The babysitters must be CPR certified or be willing to be CPR certified.
Alongside this, the platform has received a vote of 4.6 / 5 for several reasons such as:
- meeting their high expectations,
- the responsiveness of the recruiter, and
- the convenience of applying from the platform.
The platform boasts around 7+ years of experience for babysitters who populate around 62% of babysitters.
The founders boost up to around 30+ years of experience working in the childcare industry
Let’s get to know more about using Helpr.
Quick Insights for using Helpr
Here are some of the relevant information related to using Helpr:
|How much money can you earn using Helpr||$23 – $26 per hour for babysitting|
|Referral Bonus for using Helpr||Not Available|
|Platforms supported for using Helpr||iOS and Android|
|Countries applicable for using the Helpr||The U.S.|
|How is the money paid via Helpr||Direct payment by the family by payment platform Stripe|
|Rating||TrustPilot – Not Reviews Yet|
Google Play Store – No ratings yet
Apple app store – 4.1 / 5
Who is eligible to start using Helpr
Anyone who is at least 18 years of age is eligible to start using Helpr as a babysitter and is not available to anyone under 13 years of age.
What are the qualifications necessary to apply for using Helpr
Here are the necessary qualifications to start using Helpr:
- A minimum experience of 2 years doing childcare-related services.
- Qualify in a phone and video screening test.
- Has a clean criminal record and passes a background check and ID check as well.
- Pass over social media review and community monitoring tests.
- Has at least 3 professional childcare-related references.
- Is looking to attain a CPR certification or has a CPR certification prior to commencement of babysitting work.
How much can you earn for using Helpr
Helpr states that babysitters can expect to earn around $23 – $26 per hour for providing babysitting services on the Helpr platform.
These rates can vary as per various factors such as:
- Location dependent rates
- Number of children being taken care of
- Notice is given for the booking
Helpr doesn’t have any monthly booking fees though.
How to start to make money from babysitting using Helpr
Babysitters can start to make money from babysitting from the following:
- Start to register on the platform and look to apply for the relevant jobs as a babysitter.
- This would include screening the applicants and getting to know them the right way before they are selected for working as a babysitter.
- Any babysitter using Helpr must start to build their reputation and goodwill for getting clients to provide more childcare services as possible.
BabySittor comes next on the list of platforms providing services to make money from babysitting.
The platform is a community-based platform that helps parents connect with their kids based on several factors such as
- Trust of parents upon babysitters
- Responsiveness of parents
- Satisfaction of customers
- Kindness is imparted in the community.
Established in the year of 2013, Baby Sittor has come a long way in around a decade of its existence.
French startup that grew merely from a community on Facebook of few individuals to a huge platform that it is known for today.
Let’s get to know about BabySittor more in detail.
Quick Insights about using Baby Sittor
Here’s all you need to know to start using Baby Sittor:
|How much money can you earn using Baby Sittor||$15 per hour (estimated payment)|
|Referral Bonus for using Baby Sittor||Not Available|
|Platforms supported for using Baby Sittor||iOS and Android|
|Countries applicable for using the Baby Sittor||France, England, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, and Spain.|
|How is the money paid via Baby Sittor||Direct to a babysitter or via secured payment in the app.|
|Rating||TrustPilot – 3.7 / 5 (for 1 review)|
Google Play Store – 3.7 / 5
Apple app store – 4.9 / 5
How much can you earn while using BabySittor
Payments can come up on an hourly basis or on a flat rate from the parents.
Although nothing has been specified regarding the earnings for babysitting in Baby Sittor, you can expect to earn an average rate of $15 per hour for babysitting using BabySittor.
This is the least conservative estimate of earnings as a babysitter.
What are the factors that decide the pay rate for babysitting using BabySittor
The payments received for babysitting are affected by the following factors such as:
- Location of service offered
- The number of children being provided babysitting services.
- Age of the children
- Hours of offering babysitting services.
- Length and expected tasks needed to be performed.
Who is eligible to start using BabySittor
Anyone who is at least 16 years of age in France is eligible to start using BabySittor.
While minors wishing to work as a babysitter can apply from the platform if they have legal permission from their parents or their legal guardians.
How to start using BabySittor to make money from babysitting
Here’s how one can start to use BabySittor to make money from babysitting:
- Parents start to post an ad on the platform.
- Babysitters go through the app to find any kind of ads posted by the platform.
- Babysitters look to apply for the ads that pique their interest.
- Parents then get to check the prospective profile and find the much-suited applicant for the job.
- This is when the babysitters are hired and they are paid for babysitting.
eNannySource is a platform that has been in business for nearly 3 decades.
Established in 1994, this platform has come a long way in providing childcare services as nannies for children.
There are several nannies using eNannySource such as:
- Part-time nannies
- Nannies who live in
- Educated college-level nannies
- Infant care specialist nannies, etc.
There are over 33,731 nannies registered on the platform who take the help of the platform to provide child care services to the parents.
Let’s get to discover more about using eNannySource.
Quick Insights for using eNannySource
Here’s what you can expect from using eNannySource:
|How much money can you earn using eNannySource||Upto $35 per hour for babysitting|
|Referral Bonus for using eNannySource||Not Available|
|Platforms supported for using eNannySource||iOS and Android|
|Countries applicable for using the eNannySource||U.S.|
|How is the money paid via eNannySource||Online payment using Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover and Paypal.|
How much can you earn using eNannySource
Here’s what I found earnings related to 10 nannies using eNannySource in New York:
|Pay Rates||Experience of the nanny|
|$25 – $35 per hour||1 – 2 years|
|$15 – $35 per hour||1 – 2 years|
|$24 – $35 per hour||3+ years of experience|
|$18 – $22 per hour||1 – 2 years (Can take care of special needs)|
|$20 – $30 per hour||No experience|
|$18 – $30 per hour||No experience|
|$20 – $30 per hour||3+ years of experience|
|$17 – $20 per hour||1 – 2 years of experience|
|$25 – $35 per hour||3+ years of experience|
|$18 – $25 per hour||Less than 1 years of experience (Can take care of special needs)|
What are the payments for using eNannySource in other cities in U.S.
Here’s what you can expect to earn from using eNannySource and make money from babysitting:
|NewYork||$15 – $35 per hour (depending on experience)|
|Chicago||$22 – $25 per hour (depending upon experience)|
|Cleveland||$15 – $30 per hour (depending upon experience)|
|Oakland||$25 – $35 per hour (depending upon experience)|
|Detroit||$20 – $35 per hour (depending upon experience)|
|Philadelphia||$15 – $25 per hour (depending upon experience)|
|Washington DC||$22 – $35 per hour (depending upon experience)|
|San Diego||$15 – $20 per hour (depending upon experience)|
|Sacramento||$25 – $35 per hour (depending upon experience)|
|Dallas||$8 – $30 per hour (depending upon experience)|
As you can see one can expect to earn around $8 – $35 per hour for providing nanny services (babysitting services) using eNannySource.
Who is eligible to start using eNannySource to make money from babysitting
Anyone who is at least 18 years can start using eNannySource to make money from babysitting.
How to start using eNannySource to make money from babysitting
Anyone can start to use eNannySource and make money from babysitting from the following:
- Get registered on the platform as a nanny.
- Go through necessary background checks and verification and establish a clean profile to start working as a nanny (babysitting babies)
- Build your reputation and start to make money from babysitting.
We have covered all platforms extensively to make money from babysitting.
Different platforms have a different set of conditions and requirements to be able to work as a babysitter.
Here’s more to know about babysitting.
What is babysitting all about
Simply put, a babysitter is someone who watches and takes care of babies while the parents are away from them.
The babysitters are also known as sitters who offer the services for a price which we have discussed in detail in this post.
Responsibilities of a babysitter
Here are the responsibilities of a babysitter broadly:
- Taking care of the baby’s needs would involve cooking meals and cleaning stuff.
- Ensuring that a child’s other duties such as giving a bath, changing diapers for the child, and other hygiene responsibilities are met.
- Giving time to the child to play with them, help them study, and even make them sleep on time.
- Doing some household chores such as laundry cleaning or even performing some household duties as well.
- Have the patience to deal with babies while taking care of daily household chores, and dealing with responsibility for a baby.
In a nutshell, a babysitter will have to be the mother and a father taking care of the baby in the absence of parents.
What are the key things to remember as a babysitter
Some of the key things to understand about being a babysitter are as follows:
- Babysitting for money is not just sitting around taking care and counting the dollars coming by, it’s more of taking the responsibility to nurture a child in the right way.
- When it comes to doing the chores or duties related to babysitting, babysitters need to do it with utmost sincerity and honesty towards their work.
- It’s more of building upon trust and dependence upon an individual who is taking upon the responsibility to be a babysitter. So it must be dutifully obliged.
Okay, you feel you can take upon the responsibility and are ready to start taking care of babies around (changing diapers included)…😃.
Great!!! The next question is how much you can make from a babysitting business.
What shouldn’t be done while babysitting kids at home
Here is a few strict No-No when it comes to babysitting kids for money:
- Indulging in habits such as smoking or drinking while being with babies.
- Watching inappropriate content being with babies while parents or legal guardians are away.
- Inviting known or unknown people over to the house while doing babysitting duties.
- Doing personal work doing babysitting work while the parents are away.
- Falling asleep or not being attentive to the needs of the babies.
- Posting content for social media related to babies or working as a babysitter.
- Taking the kids out of the house without the permission of the parents.
- Unnecessarily gathering business affairs related to the parents of the babies which is not a part of the babysitting duties.
- Bringing in own kids while performing babysitting duties.
How much money can you make from a babysitting business
People have set up complete businesses surrounding the babysitting business.
This is what showed in the search results while searching for “babysitting success stories”.
This business has been rising in popularity for the past decade or so.
Can you believe that a 15-year-old making millions doing babysitting business taking care of nanny duties for the kids?
The best part is it employs so many people doing babysitting business end earning their livelihood from it.
The average pay rate for a babysitter is nearly $17.35 per hour working in the U.S. for 2022.
Ziprecruiter also states that an annual pay rate is expected upto $47689 in 2022 for a babysitter in the U.S.
The above stats reveal that there is much on offer for anyone looking to work
Factors that decide how much money you make from the babysitting business
Some of the prominent factors in deciding how much you can make from babysitting include the following:
- How much time will you be able to give to take care of babies should be thought of.
- The level of experience you hold as a babysitter, especially with infants.
- Training and specified educational qualifications (such as a degree diploma or a bachelor’s degree) are required to take care of kids.
- Seeking work at different locations at different time periods will have a direct impact on how you can earn as a babysitter.
- Babysitters must have basic skillsets to be able to handle babies who seek different needs and needs the attention of someone to take care of them.
- Being prepared at all times to handle situations not foreseen and being a reliable person for the parents caring for their child.
- Sometimes being a little bit proactive and being alert to what a child needs at times can be an added advantage for them.
If you are feeling confused about whether you should work as a babysitter or not?
Let’s get to know about this more about how to make money from babysitting.
Who can start to make money from babysitting
A simple answer would be someone who loves to play around with babies (especially infants) can look to work as a babysitter.
But this is not entirely the thing to consider.
Here are certainly a few things to take care of when you look to make money from babysitting:
- One must be mentally prepared to be a mother and a father to a child as they are at their tender age.
- There would be times when a baby would be in an emergency situation and looking for medical aid. So being skilled to meet such emergencies is a requirement too.
- Most of the platforms require you to be at least 18 years of age to be eligible to take nanny responsibilities.
- One must work to build a reputation to be someone who can impart trust and faith as it’s someone’s child whose responsibility is placed upon someone.
- One shouldn’t shy away from a beginner to work for free if the opportunity arises before working for pay.
One can look to take care of kids in their surroundings first from friends and relatives to get a first-hand experience of knowing what to expect as a babysitter.
This job requires a lot of patience and effort to nurture someone’s life in its early stages.
So stay patient and keep persisting to make money from babysitting long-term.
An interesting, but obvious stat reveals that around 86% of babysitters are females.
How to make more money from babysitting
Making more money from the babysitting business requires an emphasis on a lot of factors such as:
- Use of referral from various apps which encourages babysitting can help boost your income quite quickly.
- To make more from babysitting one must have relevant experience, have a level of comfort being with a child, and build trust and goodwill among others.
- Look for any possibility of offering additional services along with babysitting to gain more on an hourly basis or daily basis as well.
- Start looking to reduce any costs related to the business which can increase the overall profitability.
- Proving babysitting services during holidays and occasions, such as Christmas or Valentine’s day, and charging higher rates.
- Having a higher degree correlates to more earnings from babysitting. Master degree holders earn $6000 – $7000 more in comparison to high school diploma holders.
These are broadly some of the ways to make more money from babysitting.
Is babysitting for money a good side hustle
Before answering this, there’s a simple question to think of.
Will there ever come a time when people always would have time for their babies 24/7?
The answer is obviously no.
In the age, we are living in and the time coming ahead our life is getting busier and more confined to the screen we look at all day long.
This is one of the reasons, why children these days lack the ability to build a social connection with others.
Because of the lack of parental love and care from their childhood days.
In such a situation, parents always would need someone to look for their babies while they are absent.
Interesting Stats related to babysitting
- The top 10% of highest-paid babysitters earn around $45000 or higher from babysitting.
- Babysitter’s unemployment rate dropped in 2019 by 5.6% in over 8 years.
What do these stats say to you?
There is definitely immense scope for babysitters in this sector.
So don’t think much about it and get started today and make money from babysitting.
Make money from 1 high-quality article and 1 email outreach
In this process all you got to do are 3 things:
First, find a YouTuber who doesn’t have a website or a blog. Start writing articles for the videos that he publishes online.
Write at least 10 articles and select 1 high-quality article from the lot of 10 articles.
Reach out to the YouTuber highlighting the importance of a blog/website and mention that you will help them set up a blog.
Once the YouTuber agrees to your proposal create a website and start putting blogs in that website.
Write the blogs for the YouTuber and start charging a steady income of fixed standard rates as per freelancing norms.
This is a WIN-WIN for both YouTubers and Freelance content writers.
YouTubers will start making additional revenue along with their YouTube channel and the freelance content writers will make a steady income equivalent to the number of videos that are being uploaded.
Start finding 10 YouTubers who upload 3 videos in a month and suddenly you have a steady income coming by to your account.
If you would like to know the detailed steps involved, click here to follow.
All I can say to conclude what we have discussed so far is, that it takes patience and consistency to show that you can work as a babysitter.
If you are really serious enough to make money from babysitting, then look forward to working with full dedication and you will have the desired rewards for it.
Don’t look at babies as just another medium to make money but rather look at them as someone who will carry over the feeling of love and care forever in their life from you.
So the way you treat them will count memories for them forever.
Okay, let’s summarize what we have covered up so far today:
Summary on how to make money from babysitting
Here’s a look at the 8+ platforms to make money from babysitting:
|Care.com||Upto $50 per hour for babysitting (for an experience of 10 years)|
|UrbanSitter||Upto $30 per hour for 1 child|
|SitterPro||$13.5 for babysitting|
|Bambino||Upto $18 per hour for babysitting|
|SitterCity||Around $17.5 per hour of babysitting duties|
|Seeking Sitters||$21 per hour for 1 child|
|Helprs||$23 – $26 per hour for babysitting|
|Baby Sittor||$15 per hour (estimated payment)|
|eNannySource||Upto $35 per hour for babysitting|
Before we conclude let’s look at some of the most commonly asked questions when it comes to how to make money from babysitting.
Meanwhile, we would definitely like to know your thoughts on this and your experiences with baby duties (if any)…😃
FAQs on how to make money from babysitting
Most of the babysitters get paid $20.57 per hour (for 1 kid) and $23.25 per hour (for 2 kids) as a babysitter.
This is the average rate for babysitters who get paid for doing babysitting duties.
Being successful in babysitting requires babysitters to comfortable with kids, watchful of kids’ duties and responsibilities, build trust and confidence with the parents, etc.
There are no educational qualifications related to being a babysitter.
However, having a master’s degree can bring more income than just being a high school diploma holder.
A basic difference is a period for which babysitting services are rendered.
A nanny can be employed on a permanent basis ( or semi-regular basis) while a babysitter can work as and when required.
The scope and responsibility of a nanny are different from that of a babysitter as well.